Fiverr Seller Best Practices
2 | Fiverr Seller Best Practices
1. Your Gig® title describes what you offer to do
for $5 and should be written in the standard Fiverr
format. A Gig description begins with I will” and
ends with “for $5.” What you insert in between is
your $5 service, starting with a verb. For example:
“record a one minute voiceover.”
2. Keep your Gig title informative but concise.
Save the specifics for the Gig description.
3 | Fiverr Seller Best Practices
3. Since the Gig title ends by default with the words
“for $5,” the title must reflect only the service you will
be delivering for the price of $5. Adding services to
this description (such as your Gig extras) that won’t be
included in the $5 offer will cause your buyers to have
unrealistic expectations, leading to dissatisfaction and
4. Don’t repeat keywords (such as “voiceover” in the
above example) in the Gig title or otherwise attempt
to optimize it for SEO. This will not improve the
position of your Gig in searches.
1. Pick your Gig category wisely. Think about the
category your buyers will be using to search for
services like the one you are offering. Consider
taking a few minutes to search on Fiverr for
Gigs similar to yours to see what category the
bestselling ones are in.
2. Don’t list Gigs under the “Other” category unless
there is no other category that fits your service.
Take the time to view the entire directory of
categories to see if one exists that may bring
more relevant traffic to your Gig.
4 | Fiverr Seller Best Practices
1. Use the description box to introduce yourself and
your service. Be sure to include all the specifications
and information your buyers need to know about
your service. Explaining clearly exactly what your
buyers will get increases the chance that they will
be satisfied with your work and provide positive
feedback to help you establish your reputation.
2. Make your description clear and detailed. Try to look
at your Gig from a buyer’s point of view. Think of all
the questions that might be asked and provide the
answers in your description.
5 | Fiverr Seller Best Practices
3. Your Gig description must be your own. Copying
another seller’s description and using it as your own
may lead to having your Gig denied or removed from
4. Communicate to your potential buyers that you
would be happy to work with them. Try not to
include too many limitations and disclaimers that
may discourage buyers. Try to focus more on the
things you WILL do and less on the things you
5. Don’t repeat keywords or use similar words
excessively, and don’t employ any other SEO
practice in your Gig description. This will not
improve the position of your Gig in searches.
6. Do not use graphic symbols, such as “4”, “#”,
excessively in your Gig description.
7. If you want your buyers to contact you before
placing an order, be sure to mention this in the
Do not use the “Gig requirements box” for this
purpose because buyers see this only after they
place an order.
6 | Fiverr Seller Best Practices
8. You may not refer to sites other than Fiverr.com in
your Gig description. However, for the purpose of
displaying additional samples of your work, you may
link to flickr for photos, illustrations and graphics,
and to youtube for video, audio and animation.
(Note: All communications, ordering, delivery and
payments must be completed exclusively on Fiverr.)
Instructions for Buyers
1. The information in this field will be sent to buyers
automatically when they order your Gig, so this
is your chance to greet them and let them know
what information they need to provide before
you can start working on their order. If you leave
this field empty, the order counter starts running
immediately after the order is placed, so unless
you really don’t need any input from the buyer to
get started, do not leave this field empty.
7 | Fiverr Seller Best Practices
2. Remember, if there is something your potential
buyers should know before placing an order, don’t
enter it here. Buyers see this information only after
placing the order.
3. Do not mention payment methods in your Gig
instructions. Making a payment cannot be one of
your requirements to start working on an order,
since Fiverr credits you for the order only after
it is completed.
8 | Fiverr Seller Best Practices
5. Use different images for each Gig you create to
make it easier for buyers to select the right product.
6. The Gig gallery allows you to upload up to three
images. We strongly recommend that you take
advantage of all three image slots, but use the first
slot for your favorite image - this is the image that
will appear as the main Gig image.
1. Make sure your Gig images are clear and sharp.
They should not be blurry, pixelated, too dark or
2. To fit the full frame, images should be 682 pixels
wide and 459 pixels high.
3. Your images should clearly represent the service
you are providing.
4. You should own the copyright to your images - for
example, you took the photo or created the image
yourself - or you should have a license to use the
7. If you offer a Graphics & Design Gig or any other
Gig where the look of your product is important, we
recommend that you use Gig images to display actual
samples of your work and that you choose images that
truly represent the style and standard of quality of the
product you will deliver to your customers.
8. Do not include any URLs in your Gig images.
9. Do not add misleading symbols or badges to your images
that are similar to the ones used on Fiverr to represent
seller levels, Featured Gigs, Express Gigs, etc.
9 | Fiverr Seller Best Practices
For more tips
on Gig images
Your Gig video is an important way to introduce yourself
to potential buyers and explain your service, showcase
your talent, and share samples of your work. We
strongly recommend adding a video to attract sales,
especially if you have skills that can benefit from a live
demonstration, such as presenting, acting, narrating,
10 | Fiverr Seller Best Practices
Use the guidelines below to
help you create a great Gig video:
1. The video should reflect the service as it will be
delivered to the buyer, including the same standard
of quality. Avoid using the services of a third party to
create a Gig video for you, which might lead buyers
to expect a standard of quality that you cannot
deliver to them.
2. You must own the copyright to your video.
In addition to being misleading, using someone
else’s video may violate copyright laws.
Gig Video 7. Make sure your audio quality is sufficient.
11 | Fiverr Seller Best Practices
Videos with no sound won’t be accepted.
8. Use a different video for each Gig.
9. When using a smartphone to record your video,
remember to hold your phone horizontally.
Filming vertically compromises the quality.
10. If your video is not in English, please add English
11. Keep the content appropriate.
3. On your video, be sure to mention that your service
is exclusive to Fiverr, or alternatively, add the Fiverr
logo or a subtitle with the text “Exclusively on Fiverr”
to the video. For this purpose, please take note that
Fiverr is pronounced like the number “5.”
4. Do not share any links or contact details in your
5. Keep your video to the point and up to one minute
6. Make sure your video quality is sufficient.
Videos with no images at all won’t be accepted.
1. To maximize your sales potential, it is best to
publish your Gig in English or make it bilingual.
Publishing your Gig in English ensures you reach the
largest possible audience and increases the chance
that your Gig will come to the attention of our
editorial team and be promoted in the marketplace.
If you create your Gig only in a language our editors
don’t speak, they can’t evaluate its quality and
are less likely to select it when looking for quality
content to promote.
12 | Fiverr Seller Best Practices
2. We also provide the option to create Gigs in Spanish
to feature on es.fiverr.com.
There are two ways to create Spanish Gigs:
a. Create an English version of the Gig. Then go to
Sales > Manage Gigs and click on “Add Translation”
next to the Gig you would like to translate into
b. Switch to es.fiverr.com by selecting “Español” from
the drop-down menu at the bottom of any page.
Then go to the top menu of the Spanish site and
select VENTAS > Crear Gig.
Multiples and Gig Extras
1. Decide what you’re willing to offer for $5, keeping in
mind that as you level up as a seller, you’ll be able to
add Gig Extras to your service.
2. It’s always a good tip to offer a little more in the
beginning in order to build sales and establish your
reputation. As a new seller you will be able to offer up
to 4 multiples so you can hit the ground running.
13 | Fiverr Seller Best Practices
14 | Fiverr Seller Best Practices
1. Every Gig on Fiverr must start at $5, meaning it has
to contain an initial basic level of service/product that
buyers can order for $5. Gig extras can be added in
$5 multiples, as long as the Gig still gives value for $5.
2. To offer add-ons to your $5 service, let buyers know
your pricing system so that they buy the right number
of Gigs to cover the service they want. For example, $5
for an English to French translation of up to 500 words,
$10 for translations between 500 and 1000 words,
and so on. As you earn Levels on Fiverr, based on your
performance and reputation, you’ll unlock tools that
will enable you to offer multiple Gigs or Extras (add-ons)
in a single transaction.
$ $ $
General Guidelines and Tips
1. You may not create more than one Gig for each
product. However, it is smart to translate your
skills into multiple products and use a different
Gig to sell each product.
2. The Fiverr marketplace is based on a “service as a
product” philosophy, in which freelancers translate
their skills into $5 worth of product. For your
Gigs to be successful, it is best to focus on very
specific products rather than setting your Gig to
accommodate all kinds of services in your field of
expertise. For example, if you are a graphic designer,
it goes without saying that you can assist with
all graphic needs. On Fiverr, however, it is best if
you create specific Gigs for typical graphic needs,
such as logo design, banners, flyers, or business
cards, rather than generally offering to do graphic
15 | Fiverr Seller Best Practices
General Guidelines and Tips
16 | Fiverr Seller Best Practices
5. Do not include any adult, offensive or inappropriate
content in your Gigs. Fiverr attracts buyers of all
ages and nationalities, and we need you to help us
keep our content respectable and age appropriate.
6. Gigs must include a valuable service. Gigs with the
title “I will do nothing” will be denied.
7. If instead of offering your services, you need a job
done for you, Fiverr gives you the option to submit
a Gig request through our “request a Gig” service
and let our talented sellers come to you. Move your
cursor over your username in the upper right hand
corner of the website and select “Request a Gig.”
3. Do not charge for shipping unless you deliver
4. Do not provide your personal contact information,
and do not ask your buyers for theirs. Exchanging
contact details for communication outside of Fiverr
is not allowed.