More and more successful project managers are utilizing SharePoint 2007 to drive their projects and operational initiatives. Out of the box, SharePoint Server offers many features that lends itself to effectively managing projects. Lists and libraries allow you to consolidate and manage project information in a central place, while business intelligence features allow you to report on that information in real-time. By utilizing SharePoint along with other business tools such as the Microsoft Office suite of applications, oraganization can create a customized Project Management Information System (PMIS) to assist with the daily management of enterprise projects.
With this webinar we would like to discuss the many benefits of using SharePoint Server as a Project Management Information system, including:
· Using SharePoint to manage project data
· Consolidating project data using SharePoint libraries
· Reporting on project data using SharePoint’s business intelligence
· Automating project tasks with SharePoint workflows
· Options to extending SharePoint’s project managemenet capabilities