1. The benefit of creative branding A presentation by: Stephen Burge (Marketing Director) (via Promotional Merchandise)
2. BH1 were Established in 2002 by joint Directors Chris Witt and Steve Burge. Last year (2010) BH1 were voted 3rd Best Distributor in the UK by industry peers. We are part of the largest buying group of Promotional Merchandise in the UK and are dedicated solely, to the supply of Promotional Products only. BH1 can print, embroider or engrave YOUR logo on to OUR products for greater advertising R.O.I. and our customers range from private individuals to some of the most respected Organisations in the world. This year we have opened our NEW Showroom based on ‘Dorset’s busiest road’ Come and see us so we can show you around and give you some ‘fresh’ ideas!!! BH1 can help you; win/retain business, launch a product or service, drive traffic to your stand, improve your corporate ID or brand awareness, create revenue. Who, What, Where, Why & How?
3. Did you know? <ul><li>Promotional merchandise is one of the ONLY methods of Advertising that can engage with all five senses? </li></ul><ul><li>Unlike TV or Radio which interrupts, promo goods engage with the recipient? </li></ul><ul><li>Unlike press ads or flyers, 76 per cent of gifts are retained by the recipient? </li></ul><ul><li>Of those, 97 per cent REMEMBER who that gift was from. </li></ul><ul><li>On average, businesses who offer promo gifts receive 22 percent MORE referrals? </li></ul><ul><li>Generally, a promotional pen passes through a MINIMUM of 7 people in its life! </li></ul><ul><li>BH1 has a VAST range of over 100,000 promotional products to choose from… </li></ul><ul><li>Leading product groups include: Corporate Clothing, Writing instruments, Desktop Accessories, Calendars and diaries and USB/ Executive gift/Gadget items. </li></ul>
4. 1) Is Promotional Merchandise part of your marketing mix? Marketing Mix Public relations Marketing Advertising Literature Design Promotional merchandise? Online Marketing Social media
5. 2) Think outside the box!... Or let us do it for you! Promotional merchandise can be more than just pens and mugs
6. 3) Tips to make the most of your spend… <ul><li>You are 76% more likely to win new business in branded clothing. So consider replacing suits with company branded polo/oxford shirts to break down barriers with potential clients at exhibitions. </li></ul><ul><li>Min Quantity for embroidery is 12 and you can mix n match different garments/sizes/colour ways. Origination is FREE after first order. </li></ul><ul><li>Get yourself noticed! Be generous, keeping your brand in boxes wont help! </li></ul><ul><li>Printed Umbrellas at a golf or race day can really optimise your exposure. EG. Bournecoast Parasols to celebrate 50 years during Bmth Air Show. </li></ul><ul><li>Consider incorporating promotional materials with other marketing tools – mail-shots average a return of only 1-2 per cent, but this can be dramatically increased with the introduction of a promotional gift. </li></ul><ul><li>The most effective way to create a successful campaign is to provide a low cost give-away item to increase awareness of your service or brand combined with a targeted ‘higher perceived value’ business gift for top contacts. </li></ul><ul><li>When did you last reward your clients or staff???! </li></ul>
7. 4) Look to ‘cash-in’ on topical events (before they happen!) or use gifts that offer a practical value… Don’t miss out on the next big thing! Did you know you can do chocolate filled Advent Calendars that count down to any date and set template CD Calendars that can be fully bespoke with your own photo’s on them for standard 12 months but also up to 18 months.
8. 5) What do you want the products for? <ul><li>Improve awareness </li></ul><ul><li>Enhance your corporate ID </li></ul><ul><li>Generate new sales leads </li></ul><ul><li>Reward client or staff loyalty </li></ul><ul><li>Attract traffic to your stand </li></ul><ul><li>Create a revenue stream </li></ul><ul><li>Engage with your audience </li></ul>
9. 6) Recipe for Disaster… <ul><li>Go with the cheapest price, (forgetting service and quality). </li></ul><ul><li>Buy directly from the Far East. </li></ul><ul><li>Don’t use a BPMA industry accredited company. </li></ul><ul><li>Leave it to the last minute for the best deal. </li></ul><ul><li>Don’t consider a sample first. </li></ul><ul><li>Use Jpeg artwork. </li></ul><ul><li>Use Promo items as a stand alone solution. </li></ul><ul><li>Consult the aid of a ‘dabbling’ distributor. </li></ul>
10. 7) Promotional Merchandise, it’s our bag <ul><li>Inside each of our BH1 goody bags, you will find: </li></ul><ul><li>BH1 Portfolio brochure featuring over 1000 gift ideas. But, if you can’t find what you are looking for, contact us so we can help. </li></ul><ul><li>BH1 Mint card, BH1 Stress ball & BH1 Fridge magnet memo pad. </li></ul>
11. 8) – Promotional merchandise serves as a reminder of who, what and where you are… What counts most, is not so much what promotional products are, but what they can accomplish as a medium to achieve engagement. Communication and results will follow if your approach is right. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG0P47-viOI