PRESENTED BY :
ABES Engg. College GZB
What is Aadhaar card
Why Aadhaar card
Process for Aadhaar card
UID numbering scheme
How it is work
What is Aadhaar Card !!!!
• Provided by UIDAI ( Unique Identification Authority Of
• It is 12 Digit Number.
• Issued for all residents.
• Stored in a centralized database.
• Linked to the basic Demographic and Biometric information
• Name and logo..
• Central ID Data Repository.
Why Aadhaar System ???
* Aadhaar will ensure increased trust between public and
private agencies and residents
* Once residents enrol for Aadhaar, service providers will no
longer face the problem of performing repeated Know Your
Customer (KYC) checks before providing services.
* Give migrants mobility of identity
* Enable 'anytime, anywhere, anyhow' authentication.
Process for Aadhaar Card !!!
GRC ( Gender Resource Center)
DC ( Deputy Commissioner) office
Home Service ( Marginalized Scheme )
Document Required !!!
ID Proof : Name and Identity:
1. Voter ID
2. PAN card
3. Ration / PDS photo card
5. Pensioner photo card
6. Driving license
7. Photo ID issued by recognized educational institute
8. Bank ATM card with Photo
Address Proof !!!
2. Insurance Policy
3. Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months)
4. Post Office Account Statement/ Passbook
5. Bank Statement / Passbook
6. Voter ID / Driving License
7. Water bill (not older than 3 months)
8. Government Photo ID cards
9. Ration Card
10. Arms License
Proof of Date of Birth /
2. Birth Certificate
3. SSLC Book / Certificate
4. Certificate of Date of Birth issued by Group A Gazetted
Officer on letterhead
UIDAI Numbering System
* Building a unique numbering system.
* In past, Bar code, Internet address, Telephone number.
1. Design a unique number for a population. ?
2. How to design a robust and cost-effective unique system ?
3. Wastes of large parts of available space?.
1. Encode gender.
2. Many involve a personal content.
3. Machine readable technology
4. Expert can guess.
5. Protect the resident’s privacy.
6. Random number.
7. UID static and dynamic pin
Number Design : 12 Digit
a1 a2 a3 a4 a5 a6 a7 a8 a9 a10 a11 a12
* Single Digit
* Transposition of adjacent digit
* Jump Transposition
* Jump Twin
* Availability of new UID.
* Recovering lost UID number.
* Deactivation of UID’s
. De-duplication (Process )
* uniqueness issue.
* 1.2 billion population by the biometric.
* 1:N Biometric comparisons.
Authentication Service Agency
ASA is any entity that transmits authentication requests to the CIDR on
behalf of one or more AUAs
An agency such as National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
Telecom carriers, depository bodies etc. that provide related services to
Authentication User Agency
AUA is any government / public / private legal agency registered in India
that seeks to use Aadhaar authentication for its services. An AUA is the
principal agency that sends authentication requests to enable its services /
business functions. An AUA connects to the CIDR through an ASA.
Ex.- Bank, Security department
* Registrars* Sub-Registrars* Introducer-
* Resident* Authenticator-
These are public and private organizations that are
currently engaged in providing services to the residents
These are departments or entities that report to specific
An Introducer is a well known person authorized by the
UIDAI or by a Registrar to introduce individuals for
Residents of India, who wish to obtain an Aadhaar,
An authenticator is an agency that uses the UIDAI
system to authenticate a resident.
Services Based on Aadhaar tech.
1. Marriage Registration.
2. Property Registration.
3. Insurance of domicile certificate.
4. identification online
5. For License.
6. Mobile Connection.
7. Bank account.
8. don’t need to show identity card and residential proof.
9. we can link an account number.
10. Old age pension payment.
11. MANREGA payment.
Aadhaar Payments Bridge (APB)
A common infrastructure through which money can be
transferred to beneficiaries of various govt. Schemes using just
the Aadhaar number and amount
Aadhaar Enabled Payments System
An inter-operable network using which people can conduct
basic banking transactions by using online biometric
authentication of UIDAI.
Aadhaar Payment Bridge
National Payments Corporation of India(NPCI)
Transfer Money(From_UID, To_UID, Amount);
Our application acts as a one stop solution for all the data
related to an individual.
With India having a huge population, Aadhaar app could be an
effective solution to solve many day to day transactions
Ease and effective management of a huge amount of data.
Future Extension: Capturing UID through phone and
fetching the relevant data from the application.