• Temperate deciduous forests can be
found in the eastern part of the United
States and Canada, most of Europe and
parts of China and Japan.
• The deciduous forest is always changing:
it has four distinct seasons, spring,
summer, autumn, and winter. Winters are
cold and summers are warm.
• In the autumn the leaves change colour.
During the winter months the trees lose
• The animals adapt to the climate by
hibernating in the winter and living off
the land in the other three seasons.
• A lot of deciduous forests have lost land
to farms and towns.