15 persuasive advertising techniques
1. Heartstrings- a new born baby in an ad.
2. Beautiful people- a ripped man eating a bar.
3. Celebrities- a famous person used in an ad.
4. Excitement- fun ads that everyone loves.
5. Fear- scary things that might happen if you don’t take the product .
6. Scale- can be big lettering of words to attract people.
7. Animals/animations- kids get easily attracted to these and beg there parents.
8. Sweepstakes- like if you buy this you might get a free trip to hawaii.
9. Fun- people that are having fun like kids riding bikes.
10. Cool colors- like a toy ad that uses colors of backrounds.
11. Put downs- putting down your competiter
12. Weasel words-saying things about the product that arent really true
13. Omission-is when advertisers don’t give you the full detail or facts.
14. Bandwagon- join the crowd! Don’t be left out everyone is buying this.
15. Repetition- advertisers hope that if you see a product and people talk about it
you buy it.
Everyone will see this and go there to see what they have for
sale example of repetition.
This ad says that everyone uses this so other people might buy it
this is an example bandwagon.
This is an example of put downs because sometimes boys say
that girls cant do this or that but this proves.
This is an example of weasel words because you really arent
going to heaven.
This is an example of omission because people aren’t tell the
Maybe if I buy this product I could get one of these it is also fun.
This is an example of cool colors if kids like these colors they will
break there arm for them.
This an example of scale kids will see the large words and tell
there parents to buy it.
This is an example of animals/ animations kids will see the
cartoon and beg there parents for more and more.
People will say oh if I by this there is another free giveaway this
In this ad excitement comes into as skiing down cool hills an
having fun you might have to do that.
In this ad it is scary to a man but girls will want to buy it to get
In this it is heartstrings people will say oh look at that cute baby
and maybe by the product.
In this ad there is a beautiful lady I want to by this.
This is Terry Crews in old spice commercial if you like Terry than
you can buy this and a celebrity.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.