1. Supreme Connections
Making A Difference
6th December 2008
2. •You know, for this time of
the year, you are lookin’
3. ...by creating a sensational
4. In this
•A good time!!
•Some direct ideas for maximising the
difference you make with your life
•1. Be a lifelong learner
•2. Give support to others
5. •The world is
The world is
6. The zeitgeists of
7. We Need A
• We need people who are
• We need people with a
very different kind of mind
- creative, inspiring,
• We need people who
believe they can make a
8. Two steps to making
•1. Be a lifelong learner
•2. Give support to
9. Be a lifelong
learner •1. Clarify HOW you
•2. Focus on your
10. •Q. How do you learn best on a day such as this?
•Q. How / when do you take on new learnings?
•One of the most powerful reasons for being
involved with Supreme Connections??!
11. One of the great
secrets to high
• They build up momentum
• The power of small things, steadily learned
and applied every day, can magnify
• The magic number?? 10,000
12. •Lifelong learners are
prepared to let GO
and move forward!!
13. Lifelong learners
are inspired by
Inspiration is (mainly) a choice
Your life is a mirror
How would you rate your own inspiration
on a daily basis?
Who has most inspired you with his / her
attitude? What have you learned from
17. Focus on your
18. Focus on your
• You ARE whatever you think about
all day long
• Develop your optimistic self-talk
• Practise your mental rehearsals
19. Problem To
•1. Get the facts together
•2.Work out the real problem
•3. Brainstorm lots of solutions
•4. Choose which one to implement
•5. Put it into action
•2. Really listen
23. INNOVATIVE COMPANIES ARE
24. Some options for
• A % of sales from one / some products
• To become the spokesperson for a charity
• To provide pro bono support to a charity eg
• With Board level representation
• By co-ordinating their fund-raising efforts
•You have two ears and one mouth
for a very specific reason
•The person who listens the most,
learns the most
• Paraphrasing is the critical skill
26. Your present contributions
•Optional Question: In what way/s
do you presently give support to a
charity or social cause?
•Mandatory question:What could
27. Can one person
really change the
•Yes.... and No.
•Change the world all by yourself?? Not very
often (although some can!!)
•However, a small group of people sure can!
•Everyone?? Every One !
28. You change the
It is an honour (and a significant
responsibility) to educate / inform /
Who have YOU influenced?
Who has supported YOU?
29. Her epitaph?
•“Everyone said I couldn’t sing.
•But no-one can say I didn’t sing.”