Coca-Cola is the most popular and biggest-selling
soft drink in history, as well as the best-known
product in the world
Created in Atlanta, Georgia by Dr. John S.
Pemberton on May 8, 1886
The world's leading manufacturer, marketer &
distributor of non-alcoholic beverage concentrates and
Operating in more than 200 countries &
producing nearly 400 brands
COCA-COLA IN INDIA
It came to India in 1993
• In 2009, Coca-Cola sold 7 billion packs of
its brands to more than 230 million
consumers across 4,700 towns and
• Has already invested nearly US$ 1 billion in
INDIAN MARKET SHARE
THE OTHER SIDE OF COKE
• There are 27 different
varieties of coke made
• Approximately 10,450
Coca-Cola brand drinks
are consumed around
the world each second
of every day
• Some of the other
brands under the Coca-
Cola Company are:
– Thums up
– Kinley drinking water
– Diet coke
• Diet Coke is a sugar-free soft drink and low calorie drink of
the coca cola family
• It was introduced in the United States in 1982.
• In1983 coca cola introduced the caffeine free variant of diet
• 1986 to 2007 diet coke was introduced in different flavors like
lime, vanilla, cherry etc
• Diet coke introduced in 1993 in India
WHY DIET COKE
• The most commonly distributed version of Diet Coke
relies on „ASPARTAME‟ as a sweetener.
• This ingredient is blamed to cause serious illness such
as cancer, brain tumor, bladder cancer n others.
• It was causing bad breath.
• It lacked the strong flavor of cola drink especially the
• ASPARTAME replaced by “STEVIA” leaf as a sweetener
avoiding all the health issues.
• Stevia is 100% natural
• Stevia's taste has a slower onset and longer duration than
that of sugar, thus adding totally new taste to the drink.
• More aggressive promotion strategies
• To be position as an add-on to coca cola for health conscious
∙ Zero Calories,
300 Times Sweeter Than Cane Sugar
∙ Helps In High Bp Condition,
In Weight Loss, Tooth Decay,
Reduces Nicotine And Alcohol
• Stevia is called as “sweetener of future”
• The market segment for the product will be
consumers above the age group of 15 yrs.
• This section of the market are the
potential buyers and consumers of the
The target market for diet coke would
be the health conscious individuals
and youth in the segmented market.
Most of the marketing efforts are to be
focused on the target market.
• The product is intended to be positioned as
„the only cola drink with a herbal ingredient‟
• As „the cola drink which is not totally
• This is intended to give diet coke an edge over
other cola drinks in terms of health in the
minds of the targeted consumers.
•“zero calories, real taste” that
creates flavour category within the
HOW RELAUNCH HELPED
•The Health conscious
people supported and
promoted the product
through “word of mouth” as
• Product is diet coke
• Available in different
• Sizes vary from 240 ml
to 2 Ltr , shown in
cans and glass and
• The price of the drink will be the same as the rest
of the drinks of that categories.
• Competitive pricing strategies
• Regular 250 ml Rs 15/- & Rs 10/-
• Family Pack 1 ltr Rs 40/-
1.5 ltr Rs 55/-
• Jumbo Pack 2 ltr Rs 70/-
• It will be available every where Coke
follows a mass marketing strategy.
• Intensive distribution marketing
• FIFA world cup
• Common wealth games
• News paper
• Health club, fitness n slimming centre.
• Tie up with sports club
Television is widely seen network
therefore Diet coke· Advertisement
campaign on TV.
Diet coke advertising on leading magazines
like business world, India today, film fare,
Health, n so on
Coca cola is very much conscious about their
billboards and hoardings. They have so many sites
in different locations for their billboards.
Coke Studio- Coke Studio will be a musical
program sponsored by coca cola and telecasted
on popular channels in INDIA
• Eye Catching Position
• UTC(under the crown) Scheme
• POS(point of sale) Material