BBA 5th Semester
• Originated in Germany as Fanta Klare Zitrone (
“ clear lemon Fanta” )
• introduced in USA in 1961 to compete against
7-up. Today it is sold in 190 countries.
• Created by the coca-cola company the product
was introduced as “ lithiated lemon” in 1929,
being renamed to sprite in 1961.
• Entered market in 1999 ; 2009 till now at 2nd
Product Related Attributes
• Sprite is a transparent, lemon-lime
flavored caffeine free soft drink.
• Crisp, clean taste that really quenches
• Sprite has an honest, straightforward
attitude that sets it apart from other soft
• 100% natural flavors
• There are 140 calories in a 1 can serving of
• Calorie breakdown: 0% fat, 100% carbs, 0%
• Helps digestion as per popular belief
• Ingredients include carbonated water, citric
acid, sugar, and sodium citrate. It also contains
flavoring and sodium benzoate.
• The brand was launched in India in 1999 with the
tagline, 'Sprite Bujhaye Only Pyaas, Baki All
Bakwaas', positioning itself as a no-nonsense
brand and basic thirst quencher. The TV
commercial featured Lisa Ray bathing in Sprite.
• Since then, it has continued with the same
positioning, though it changed its tagline to 'No
Gyan’ - Only Sprite in 2004. A few years later, it
changed it again to 'Seedhi Baat, No Bakwaas,
Clear Hai!' in 2008, which apparently worked well
for the brand till now.
• Segment : for all people seeking a soft drink
• Target group : all age groups, lower, middle
and upper class people.
• Positioning : authentic, edgy, irrelevant, urban
and straight forward style soft drink
• Social Media
Coca-Cola India is also promoting the brand through the
Sprite Gully Cricket programme, which too has been
redesigned with new rules and regulations.
Brand value and self image..
• Brand sprite is all about having a refreshingly honest and
irreverent perspective on life.
• Connects with youth of today by engaging them in a simple
honest and straightforward manner.
• Sprite has been known as a beverage which refreshes mind
• “First drink, then think”, consumers were told that sprite is
not a magic potion and drinking the beverage will not bring
any drastic change. “One should rather use his or her
• Ideal social self image – the brand has made use of
technology that the young generations has adopted like –
sprite’s fan page on Facebook.
• vella -idle
CEO of an oil company….