1. So, you think your company doesn’t need a crisis communications plan or social media policy? Spencer Maus SpencerConnect
2. It was… It is…
3. March 1, 2011
4. Thousands of Wisconsin union workers protest budget plan MADISON, Wisconsin | Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:55pm EST •Tweet this •Share this •Link this •Digg •Email •Print
5. Preparing for a Crisis• The hierarchy of Buzz• Your attorney with SpencerConnect• Who’s talking?• Employee meeting and signoff• Carrot & Stick• First Responders & Employee list• Review, drill and adjust
6. Handling a Crisis• Get the facts (and perhaps dial 911)• Call your attorney and SpencerConnect• Only designates talk• Take and keep the lead inside and out• Press conference – release – include Rick• Tell the truth – “Cannot comment.”• Be consistent with time, place and message It’s all your fault!
7. Handling a Crisis• Reporters must ID themselves• Think Sergeant Friday• Problem – SOLUTION• Video if you can – your story not theirs• Handle rumors• Twitter, facebook, Google, Blogs, Message Boards, YouTube, Vimeo etc friend or foe?
8. TWEET!SpencerConnect OMG friend sez something bad #RBWorks CEO & CFOhandcuffed by police & media there – admin crying. video & photos atfacebook http://&&lg.vcd19 details in my blog Fri #in #accunion 10 minutes agoFavorite Retweet Reply sent via Twitter app
9. Now What Do I Do?
10. So, you think your company doesn’t need a crisis communications plan or social media policy?