Regarding the question of gender the majority of students that participated in the survey were female because of females entered or accepted in medical college more than males.
From this graph we see that 58% of students see the the course presents a challenge for them while 41 % see the opposite."Do your courses present a challenge to you??" absolutely most of students (58%) said "yes" and this is may be due to we did this research in the beginning of year and most of students have energy to study. As far as the quality of courses is concerned, 82% of Penn students were satisfied with quality of their courses while 58% of our students showed their satisfaction by thinking of their courses as posing a challenge for them.
The grade satisfaction of students: 54% of the Students who enrolled in this survey are satisfied with their grades and consider it equal to the work they do, 41% are not satisfied.
We can see that about 51 (58 %) students are not participating in the extracurricular activities while about 36 students are participating. 11 ( 12.6% ) of the participating students are participating for further career, 10 (11.4% )are for break from study, 6 (6.8%) for meeting others, 5 (5.7%) are for school spirit, and 4 (4.5%)for other causes.- This may be due to: , lack of time management so the students cannot make enough time for these activities because of the schedule overload in their college, the absence of the suitable places and facilities for these activities , they may have no interest in these activities or these finding s may be the result of the small sample size or the limitation of the study.We can talk here about the question and results of attending sport and social events and facilities available.
Regarding attending sport events, the majority of the students about 89% are not attending sport events while the minorities of them about 11% are attending sport events.
In this graph we see that the Majority of student about 78% keep in touch with friends they have made while attending the university, while 22% do not When we inquired about the relationship between the students and whether it continues after the university is over, we found that the majority 68 (78 %) answered with Yes, which is a good sign and an indication of well and healthy society, and we should consider the effective and important role of social connecting websites as FACEBOOK or TWITTER whom facilitated that process.And here we can talk about the results of making friend easily or not
About the place of residence, a lot of the students 74 (85 %) showed that they like where they live, which is an important point that affects directly on the study life, and this result could be due to the economic development that the society experienced recently.
We can here talking on previous missed Q\\ about the place of studing (Regarding the place where the students want to study, 67 (77%) students want to study in their room, 12 (13%) students in the library, 6 ( 6.8%) in a study longue, and 4 ( 4.5%) students in other places). In this graph we see that Around 76% of the students show that the place of studying is quiet, while 23% consider it as not The Graph shows us that 69 ( 79%) students study alone, 12 (13%) students study with their friends, 5 (5.7%) students study in a study group, and 1 (1.1%) person study in other manner - About the environment in which the students prefer during the study time, a great percentage choose study in their rooms 67 (77%), in quiet environment 66 (76%) and to be alone 69 (79%). And not to be in a group teaching in a library for example, this problem could be the result as the libraries lack good modern sources, noisy, and uncomfortable.
Regarding Class size, 33(38%) students think that their classes are too crowded, 21(24%) students think they are slightly crowded, 27(31%) students say that the classes are just right, 4(5%) student think that the classes are small and one student (1%) say that they are too small.- Regarding the class size, only few students see that the classes are small, on the other hand there is a consensus about the crowding of these classes and this crowding is most often due to large number of the students who are accepted each year and insufficient classes, so the number of students become too much in each class.
-Regarding the time that is spent by the students studying, the 61(70%) student study between 2 to 4 hours a day, 14(16%) students study less than 2 hours a day, and 10(12%) students study more than 4 hours in a dayRegarding the Time which is spent by the students studying, most of the students spend 2 – 4 hours a day studying, with only 54% of them are satisfied with the grades they take. But these results may be sometimes not specific because it represent studying time during the exams but not the normal days or weekends.
- The majority of the students (79% of them) think that there is much work to do in their course this year, while only 16% think the opposite.- The majority of the students feel that there is much work to do to pass this course, and this might be as a result of their surprising in the new subjects since the research is done at the beginning of the year, and they feel that these information will be very important to them in the future.
- Regarding to whom having a specific career ; 67 student (77%) said yes they have a specific career in mind , while 19 student (22%) said no didn’t having a specific career in mind- The majority of student show that have specific career goals in mind to entering university that may be due to interested job after graduate or due to good post graduated specialized in the science branch they prefer.
As we see here , 33 (37%) and 31 ( 35%) answers were for FILMES and LECTURE BY PROFFESSORS respectively . while other answers were 9 (10%) for STUDENT PRESENTATION , 4 (4.5%) for both GUEST SPEAKER & OTHERS, and 6 did not answer this question.
• Students Satisfaction in college life is seen asindividuals who have definite expectations aboutwhat they want from their campus experience. Fromthis perspective, satisfaction with college occurs whenan expectation is met or exceeded by an institution.• Student satisfaction has become an importantcomponent of quality assurance.
• One of the ways by which colleges study thesatisfaction of students is by administration ofsurvey.• Satisfaction surveys provide insights as to howcollege quality and reputation is perceived byvarious audiences.• It also measures student satisfaction andpriorities, showing you how satisfied students areas well as what issue are important to them.
• It’s used to identify those areas that are performingwell and areas that need improvements or newprograms.• The purpose of this study was to identify the factorsthat contribute to college student satisfaction andto measure it• This year’s survey will also form a baseline againstwhich to measure students’ satisfaction in futureyears.
• To determine the level of satisfaction among thestudents regarding many aspects.• To show the various study situations amongstudents.• To identify the reasons of choosing this college andwhether the students want to continue, quit orchange.• To identify the professor-student relationship.
• The study took place in Hawler MedicalUniversity- College of Medicine.• This survey applied on the students of 2nd and3rd year, The choosing of the students wasdone by systematic random sampling.• Pilot test is done.• Data was collected, input and analyzed byMicrosoft Excel and SPSS.
2%54%44% Did not answerYesNo33%58%9%Did not AnswerYesNo
0102030405060No meet others furthur career break from study school spirit others51611 105 4NumberofStudentsActivitiesIn compare with pennstudent 71% of themparticipate and interestedin this activities
11%89% YesNoIn compare withpenn students 61%of them attendingsports event
1- The majority of our students confined themselves tocurricular material with total disregard toextracurricular activity.2- The overall services of university are very poor in termsof providing facilities and organizing social and sportingevents.3- Our students seldom organize study groups, with themajority of them studying alone.4- The majority of students see their classes areovercrowded which probably have an adverse effect ontheir attention to and understanding of lectures.
5-The majority of our students (70%) study more than20 hours a week with 54% being satisfied with theirgrades.6-The majority of students are excited about theiracademic courses.7-The majority of students think their professors areapproachable but in the meantime inaccessible.8-strikingly, the majority of students (80%) got intothis college for their interest in it.
To improve student satisfaction we would like to makethe following recommendations that we believe ouruniversity is capable of meeting them;1- Provision of sports and other recreational facilitiesas much as the university`s abilities allow andorganizing related events.2- Improving the teacher-students relationshipthrough social and scientific events.
3- We hope a greater deal of research will beconducted in this direction in the future to givemore depth and meaning to such assessmentsespecially by avoiding the limiting obstacles thatcame our way.4- To encourage the students to participate in extra-curricular activities, social events, and sport eventsby making proper advocacy, providing suitablefacilities and supplies.