2. What is Twitter ? www.omlogic.com <ul><li>Twitter is a social networking and micro-blogging service that allows you answer the question, "What are you doing?" by sending short text messages 140 characters in length, called "tweets", to your friends, or "followers." </li></ul><ul><li>"tweets", to your friends, or "followers." </li></ul>
3. Our communication tools are shrinking… www.omlogic.com Big Tome Big Tome pdf My blog Welcome to Microblogging Revolution
4. Why do people use Twitter ? www.omlogic.com t keeps you connected with: i It keeps you connected with : g Tome <ul><li>Your community </li></ul><ul><li>Your industry </li></ul><ul><li>Your friends </li></ul><ul><li>Your world </li></ul>
5. www.omlogic.com How do businesses use Twitter ?
10. www.omlogic.com Twitter Terminology <ul><li>Jargon: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Tweets = 140-character updates on Twitter </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Follower = A user interested in your updates </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Symbols: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>@ = Public conversations </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li># = Adding a tag to a tweet </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>RT = Retweeting is sharing tweets with others </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>d = Direct messages are similar to e-mails </li></ul></ul>
11. www.omlogic.com TOOLS
12. www.omlogic.com 1. Autopostr - Integrates your Flickr account with your Twitter account. - Automatically post a new tweet in your Twitter account whenever you have added new images in your Flickr account. 2. Twiddeo - Update your Twitter via videos instead of words. - Upload your video and a short description about it.
13. www.omlogic.com 3. Twit Wall - Got frustrated with 140 limited characters. - Login with your existing Twitter account. - Now you can write Tweets that are over 140 characters. 4. Twhirl - A Messenger- like software, free to download and install. - Post Tweets like sending messages using instant messenger software. - Also see Tweets from those whom you're following on Tweeter.
14. www.omlogic.com 5. Group Tweet - Allows you to set up a Twitter group, get your friends, customers etc. - Broadcast your Tweets visible to your group members only. 6. Twellow - A Yellow Pages like service for Twitter. - A Search engine for Twitter. - one is able to add other social links like Facebook, Linkedin, Digg etc, which they belong to.
15. www.omlogic.com 7. Twitscoop - Find the hottest topic people are tweeting right now. - Allows allow you to either enter a keyword or a person's Twitter name to track a conversation, topic or conference. - Results refreshes every 20 seconds. 8. Twitterless - Tells you who stops following you and graphs your follower history overtime. - See all of your followers or friends on one page. Filter them by keywords in their description. - See where your followers are in the world on a Google map and find out where your follower base is strongest.
16. www.omlogic.com 9. Mr.Tweet - Get relevant followers by recommending you to them. - Discover great people relevant to your current needs. - Improve your Twitter usage via useful statistics. 10. Tweet Deck - Personal browser for staying in touch with happening around the world. - Update Facebook and follow your Facebook friends. - Columns to create personal dashboard.
17. Victor Keegan, The Guardian www.omlogic.com “ Those who criticise use of Twitter at work haven't seen the tectonic plates moving… … social networks such as these are the way businesses will be run in the future…”