1. Restaurants and Web Presence The importance of helping customers find you
2. Website Statistics 89% of consumers say they have researched a restaurant online before dining there. Most prevalent among consumers age 25 to 45 and those in the Northeast and on the Pacific Coast. (AIS Media) 57% of those consumers view the restaurant's Web site. 33% view other consumer's reviews online prior to dining. (AIS Media)
3. Website Statistics While traveling, 43% of consumers used a search engine to find restaurants. (AIS Media) 32% of consumers would like directions on restaurant web sites 28% of consumers want menu selections with pricing on restaurant web sites
4. eMail Marketing 87% of consumers say email marketing has impact on their purchasing decisions. (Forrester Research) 79% of consumers have signed up to receive email at least from one company, and two out of three people surveyed said they read email every day of the week. (Forrester Research) The number of respondents that visited a web site when they received an email promotion increased from 45 percent to 62 percent in 2007. (Decision Direct Research)
5. Social Media 42% of restaurant owners and managers invest in social media efforts (including blog participation, and managing their Twitter and Facebook accounts). 77% of respondents believe that they need to use social media as a marketing tool. 77% of respondents believe that they must devote time to social media, despite all their other restaurant management duties.
6. Consider…Facebook More than 500 million active users 50% of active users log on in any given day Average user has 130 friends People spend over 700 billion minutes per month on Facebook Average user creates 90 pieces of content each month There are more than 200 million active users currently accessing Facebook through their mobile devices. People who are on Facebook spend an average of 20 minutes on a page
7. Consider…Twitter 105,779,710 registered users. New users are signing up at the rate of 300,000 per day. 180 million unique visitors come to the site every month. 75% of Twitter traffic comes from outside Twitter.com Twitter users are, in total, tweeting an average of 55 million tweets a day. Twitter's search engine receives around 600 million search queries per day.