View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
The Treaty of Versailles was the peace treaty
signed after the end of World War I.
The main objective was to control Germany.
Other objectives were:
a) To establish the culprit of the war.
b) To reorganise the map of Europe
c) To find a system to maintain peace.
d) To control the expansion of Communism.
a) To establish the culprit of the war
• Germany was going to be declared the main culprit of the war.
• Germany was forced to pay all the war damages (reparations) to France
and Great Britain.
• Germany was forced to reduce its army.
• Germany lost all its colonies in África and Asia.
• Germany lost territories in Europe: the corridor of Danzig (given to Poland),
Alsace and Lorraine (given to France), the Sudetes (given to
• Some German territories were occupied by French soldiers (Rhineland).
b) To reorganize the map of Europe
Four European empires disappeared.
- New nations are going to appear:
•Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania