IntraNET.Reloaded | Infocentric Gold Dust | Berlin, April 20148
Communication | Collaboration | Coordination | Combination
(make it easier…)
(make it possible)
4 Angles to Requirement Engineering
IntraNET.Reloaded | Infocentric Gold Dust | Berlin, April 201410
Direction. Excellence. Language. Clarity.
A vision creates hope.
Putting the shortfalls and challenges
on the wall that you want to move
away from creates commitment.
If you progress,
ask yourself what is preventing
In the process of connecting
business and IT you have to practice
Make it clear where
change will add value:
SOMETIMES BLACK AND WHITE
WILL REVEAL THE DETAIL.
Tensions Create Clarity.
• Find your benchmarks
• Move from the big picture to the detail
• Identify consequences and requirements deriving from your decisions
• Build the framework for a puzzle in which each tile can fulfil its purpose –
isolated and together with it’s connected pieces
• Create a foundation (aka library) that services as a reference to everything
that will come up on the way…then you won’t be starting from scratch all
Consistency for the “where”, the “how” and the “for whom”
Role based value propositions
Covey says: Think Win/Win.
• Turn a vision into a magnet that provides a general direction and ensures
that all things will fall into one place in the end – with enough flexibility
on the way to not always sit on tight rails
• Provide relief from business challenges and emotional challenges equally
– it’s not just about more money…sometimes it’s about motivation, fun
and commitment, too
• Make sure that everyone is able to answer the question “what’s in for
me?” – different roles have different needs
IntraNET.Reloaded | Infocentric Gold Dust | Berlin, April 201421
Make it easy for people to stay on board
From flickr.com – and you don’t want the link to the rest of the pictures…
Governance as a Value Proposition.
• Governance is not made to hide in the closet. Set it out. Describe it. Make
it clear. Make the effort to get everyone on board!
• Governance does not just concern technology – it can concern
• User Experience Design
• Visual Design
• Interaction Design & Call-to-action
• Messaging & Tone of Voice
• Governance can make it easier for everyone to reach a goal with
minimum effort and use a common foundation to deliver excellence
IntraNET.Reloaded | Infocentric Gold Dust | Berlin, April 201427
Knowing how it works is the best starting point.
IntraNET.Reloaded | Infocentric Gold Dust | Berlin, April 201428
Requirements create satisfactions.
Asking the right question will allow you to do things right the first time.
Tensions create clarity.
Being clear about what you aspire to achieve will allow you to understand implications.
Expectation management is strategic.
Loosing your stakeholders half way will make it a one way street – downhill.
Handcuffs can be fluffy.
Governance can create value for everyone. Seriously.
Infocentric Research AG
t +41 56 210 01 20
f +41 56 210 01 21