1. In my media product I havetried to represent the ‘indie pop kids’ stereotype, these are potrayed normally through music magazines such as Indie, Q and NME.
2. Indie kids are recognised through mismatching fashion, generally clashing colours fabrics and prints are exemplified. Indie standing for individual sums up the look really, they aim to stand out from the crowd.In my product, I have used photography, lighting, makeup, props and poses to construct a visual representation of a indie pop kid.
3. In this genre of music the males are stereotypically seen as the moredominant and powerful figure, as appose to the women who are seen assexual figures/icons to the male audience. This is exemplified in many of the well known magazines such as NME. I followed this convention by using a female on my front cover, andalthough her clothes dont exemplify sexuality her facial expression does, although I did try to angel the shot to show some dominance to go against the unpowerful stereotype of women as the indie kids don’t appear to split the genders as strongly as the media portrays.
4. The indie pop kids evidently follow the indie pop music, which is a combination of the niche indiemusic and the pop (chart) music today, the pop part generally comes in through the musically rhythms more so than the instruments. Bands/Artists of the genre would include: The Wombats, Ben Howard, Jamie T, The Pigeon Detectives etc.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owcbWBXIXTo
5. In my research I found that the indie-pop kids generally try to replica the fashion and styles of the bandmembers and artists they listen to the most, as music tothe indie-pop kids is very important. I found they tend tocopy the styles the artists and band members are shown to be wearing in the media products such as Indie. In my product I have managed to create a stereotypical representation through style which the indie-pop tribe will relate to. I have done this by using particular clothing and props in my photographs and by selecting my house colour theme of red black and white.
6. Indie-pop kids are seen as lively, out going, free spirited individuals, and research into this group I discovered all of the questioned enjoyed eng music and preferably in a live form (ie gigs and festivals), thus when cr my product I ensured I put in contents which formed around such eve make sure my media product was of my target audiences interes