Over 9k tweets happen every second
There is high chance that your tweet will be lost in
someone’s feed very soon after posting.
To stand out:
• Use more visual, images or video
• Tweet regularly, 2 – 3 times per day
• Post when your audiences are online
To stand out:
• Have a good business like photo
• Include keywords in Job title and profile summary
• Show successes not just list job duties
• Add more media, slides or blog articles
• Follow companies you’re interested in
Business Facebook – however do avoid treating it like
Facebook as generally frowned upon in the LinkedIn
FB is huge with 1.5bn active users per month and
users share 1 million links every 20 minutes
However, that doesn’t mean it’s easy for
businesses, it has limited organic reach - it can be
as low as 7% of followers who see your post!
• use images and video
• are short
• have call to actions within first 90 characters
• Makes content discoverable
• Create your own or hook into others?
• Keep them appropriate
• Research them first
• Social sharing site all around pictures and now 15
• 300 million active users – growing much faster than
• User demographic is getting older, not just millennials
• Is the place for video, but, Twitter and
Facebook are competing.
• Good for SEO
• Good for collecting a series of articles or
images for inspiration.
Monitoring and management
• Google trends
Blogging channel: Medium
• Estimates how long something takes to read
Five tips for content strategy
1. Clarify your business’ social media goals
2. Audit your current social media status
3. Develop your content strategy
4. Use analytics to track progress
5. Adjust your strategy as needed
Social media is about being social not
It is a commitment and does need to
be planned and resourced.