Spread like virus
Many RFCs say
Developers read this and
use when implementing.
For an IETF newbie it felt like a
“OR” != “OR”
Why do they behave
ABBA: Money, money, money.
• Development: Advice to developers of IPv4 only
• DNS: Locating SIP services in dual stack
• Coming (if I get energy): Happy Earbuds:
Setting up SIP connections in a dual stack
SIPCORE WG Action item.
In my head.
Drafts getting nowhere
• No one seems interested in ﬁxing this
• Not a real world problem - chicken and egg
• IPv6 will not get deployed in SIP unless we solve
issues with IPv6.
• Hard to get time in a two-person company…
Last SIPit - 2014 fall
Tested IPv6 source address
selection No client or server did it
Not a single one.
All the other problems
• Happy eyeballs-like issues exist in a lot of
• May be issues apart from just the connection
(like SIP DNS SRV)
• Who’s looking into this?
• If you want to help with funding my work in the IETF - please contact me.