MBc Mission ~
~ To be the essential source of comprehensive advertising solutions for our clients ~
By actively educating our clients in all areas of production and agency compensation, we allow you to
position yourselves to be more competitive, reduce costs and further leverage your creative.
As an extension of the marketing team, MBc manages the production of all advertising from the pre-bid
phase through final invoicing/job completion. This includes negotiating all costs with the agencies,
defining the production process and providing pro-active industry advice on all production needs.
The Basic Facts ~
MBc Services was founded in 2006 by Michelle Stern to provide comprehensive advertising solutions
for major corporate advertisers and non-profits.
Our goal is not only to save our clients money, but to deliver to you the pertinent and compelling
information you would expect from industry experts. We focus on constantly looking for ways to
produce quality work at a fair price.
We have a solid reputation in the industry and outstanding business relationships with our clients as well
as numerous advertising agencies and vendors. We are affiliated with a network of resources around
Our involvement is self–sustaining as MBc’s fee is sourced from the savings achieved through our
participation in your advertising production process.
Our Top-Line Services Include ~
• Advertising Production Cost Management
• Event Production Cost Management
• Agency Compensation/Contract Negotiation
• Agency RFP Management
• Agency studio and outside vendor rate card reviews
What We Do ~
TV, Radio, Print, OOH, POS, Internet and Event Production Management –
We Focus on Your ROI
We can customize our services to accommodate any budget level
• We start by meeting with your marketing team and ad agencies and evaluate your current
advertising production process.
• Review of Production Procedures: We develop client production guidelines (including travel
and overage policies). We educate and advise ad agency personnel on corporate policies
and ensure compliance with company guidelines.
• Pre-Bid, Pre-Production Participation: We attend pre-bid and pre-pro meetings to support your
creative, financial and logistical objectives and to help clarify expectations among agency and
client teams, advise on special production requirements and review any issues that may lead to
• Review of Production Estimates: We evaluate all aspects of your agency’s TV, radio, print,
internet, and event estimates, and identify all cost savings opportunities to utilize a better spend
of your production dollars. We work directly with the advertising agency and ensure industry
standards/best practices are met - saving you time and production dollars.
• Shoot Participation: We will attend shoots at client request (our attendance has been
instrumental in controlling overages that occur on set).
• Invoicing Reviews: We will review production billing at close of job (we work closely with the
advertising agency to ensure all billing accurately reflects approved estimates).
• Cost Tracking Database and Reporting System: We maintain a detailed database for use in
benchmarking and reporting annual spending of production dollars, and tracking of
estimate/invoice savings obtained through our negotiation and reviews.
Agency Contract Reviews and Fee Negotiations -
Our overall objective is to develop a fair compensation methodology, compensation level and
implementation process that align your priorities and interests with those of your advertising agency and
After reviewing the existing agency compensation agreement we will:
• Develop a negotiation strategy utilizing the findings from our compensation assessment
(including examining the agency staffing plans).
• Create a comparison of rates and markups to industry standards.
• Make recommendations and negotiate a fair compensation level for your agency.
• Review the proposed agency contract language and recommend contract content based on
• Summarize all changes, modifications and revisions, and quantify savings as a result of our
Agency RFP Management -
We will gather proposals from your selected list of potential agencies, handle all the upfront
administration associated with the RFP process, schedule client presentations and manage all agency
Agency and Vendor Studio Rate Card Review -
We will conduct a review of your agency’s print, interactive, editorial studios and/or preferred external
vendors to ensure you are paying fair prices for services rendered.
How We Do It ~
• The key to our success stems from supporting our client’s desired creative objectives and
maintaining excellent working relationships with all parties.
• We work within the timeframe of YOUR production schedule.
• We take a team approach and work with your ad agencies to define processes.
• We provide added value by providing you with better management of your time and expectations.
Contact Information ~
Michelle Stern – Director, Advertising Services
MBc services, inc.
phone (212) 203-4373 mobile (917)453-5817 fax (646) 417-7639
Visit us at mbcsinc.com