REVOLUTION IN KIEV•February
•Violent demonstrations in Kiev
•Against some laws imposed by the govenment.
•More radical groups neo-nazis
•Ousting of then-President of Ukraine, Viktor
•Beginning of Crimean crisis and Russian
military intervention in Ukraine
February 23 April 17March 2 March 16
Crimean parliament building
•Sevastopol: against the new authorities of Kiev
•Parallel administration and civil defense squads created
•Support of Russian Night Wolves bikers.
•Protesters waved Russian flags and chanted "Putin is our
•Russian military convoys alleged to be seen in the area
The government of Crimea announced the
formation of its own Defence Ministry.
The ukrainian blagship was captured
A Crimean self-defense militia Unmarked Rusian soldiers
•Crimeans vote in a referendum
•to rejoin Russia
•return to its status under the 1992 constitution.
•95.5% of voters supported joining Russia.
Russian army with Crimean self-defence troops
Fomenting the separation of east Ukrania.
Accused Russia of interfering in Crimean affairs.
The acting President of Ukraine purportedly ordered
the Armed Forces of Ukraine to full combat readiness
but ukrainians want to solve the crisis diplomatically.
Republic of Crimea:
The habitants of the peninsula explained that
Crimea does not want to became independent,
but only to expand its rights.
The government sent unmarked soldiers to the
Crimean territory and took the control of it. When
the results of the referendum appeared, Russia
allow the republic of Crimea annex with the
The majority of the international countries declared
invalid Crimea´s Moscow-backed referendum.
Non Russian involments
– Ukraine: estrategic position e.g: gas and
– Crimea: estrategic position in black sea
– If Ukranine enter in NATO and EU Russia
• They could have misils really near from
– Against Pro-Russians and referemdum of
Non Russian involments
• EU (EUROPEAN UNION)
– Ukraine was to enter in EU
– It’s a potencial and strategically important
• The referendum is illegal
– Ukraine doesn’t accept
• Russia modify its constitution
– To led Crimea join to it
• Crimea is now a federal state
• Because Russia entered in army forces
– USA inpossed:
– 61 people: Russian administrative and army
bigfishsand and eastern Ukranian leaders:
– They can not travel to europe and move their
• Crimea’s referendum validity
– Not in the votation
– Not member
• All the countries that voted had admited in
– Economic and social international cooperation
• 55th paragraph
– Economic, social and cultural rights international
• 1st paragraph
• The right of countries to decide their future
• The referendum wasn’t allowed by UN