-H O W M A R IN A B A Y S E R V E A S A I T S G R O W T H I N T H E 2 1S T C E N TU R Y M O D E L TO TH E P R IN C IP L E S O F G O V E R N A N C ED E P L O YE D T O H E L P S IN G A P O R E S U S TA IN DONE BY JOVIA L TA N (7) 3S2
• Ins u fficie nt j op p ortu nitie s . ob• D oe s not h ave m any b u ild ings .• U nd e ve lop e d .
• More tourists• Became a popular tourist attraction• More technologically advanced• Became more modernised and vibrant• Higher standard of living
• The developments include: - Clifford Pier - Singapore Flyers - The Float - Bayfront Bridge - The Esplanade• Future Developments - Asia Square Tower 2 - Marina Coastal Expressway
Grey Buildings:built for quitesometime.White Buildings:built not long.Transparent buildings:going to be built. (future
• Attracted more tourists• Provided more job opportunities.• Hence there will be a higher revenue.• Helped to promote local brands to the tourists.• Attract talents and investments.
• Bring population back into the city.• Shape future of Singapore.• Help boost Singapore’s economy• Good Grid Network• Very good connectivity• Good sense of orientation
• Marina Bay has served as a model to the Principles of Governance to help Singapore sustain its growth in the 21st century.• These Principles of Governance include: - Leadership Is Key - Anticipate Change And Stay Relevant - A Stake For Everyone, Opportunities For All - Work For Reward, Reward for Work
Leadership Is Key• Casino in Marina Bay Sands.• Many people opposed to the idea of building the Casino.• They felt that it would contribute to more social problems.• However, the government did not do what is popular among the people.• They were firm in their decision of building the Casino.• They strongly believed that it would help the country greatly.
A Stake for Everyone, Opportunities for All• Although the government decided to build the casino,they still listened to the comments made by the public.• They believed that everyone has a say.• Hence, the government introduced a levy of $100 forlocals who want to enter the casino.• Therefore, reducing number of locals entering thecasino as they had to pay.• This reduces social problems and family problems sinceit
Anticipate Change and S tay Relevant• Motion Sensor• The government was forward-looking as theyknew Singapore has limited resources which mightbe used up one day.• Singapore has to be prepared for futurechallenges and cannot rely only on other countries for resources.• Hence, the motion sensor is built.• It is environmentally friendly and conserves energy.
Anticipate Change and Stay Relevant• The government foresee the need to build a Casino.• They did not wait for the problem to arise before they start tackling them.• This is because the Casino will help improve the economy of Singapore.• However, the government have to take risks as building a Casino requires huge investments.
Reward for Work, Work for Reward• MBS provided people with job opportunities.• The more effort they put in in their job, the higher the bonus they will get.• Hence, this strives them to do even better in their job.• Therefore, this makes MBS so successful.