WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT WAY A
TEACHER CAN MOTIVATE STUDENTS?
a. Provide interesting assignments
b. Make the class “fun” by using games
c. Be an encouragement to the student:
Make sure they understand assignments
Do not criticize them but encourage and motivate in a
• The Power of Habit, Ch. 2; complete Annotating the
Main Idea Assignment. Please put on counter.
• Literature Circle #1
• Reminder: Lab Contract #1 is due 9/26/13
REMINDERS ABOUT ESSAYS
• Please take out the Rubric for the essay.
• On the right column of the Rubric you will find the
percentages for each item.
• Let’s review some of them.
• Please get into your literature circles.
• Make sure you are facing each other.
• I will come by and check to see if you have
CONTEXT CLUES QUIZ
• Please read the instructions carefully, especially for
questions 1-9 because there are two things you
need to do for these questions.
LEARNING CENTER LAB
• Today we will be going over to the Learning Center
• Be sure to work on your CONNECT lab only.
• Also, please do not enter the lab until 2 p.m.
because Charlene is proctoring a test.
FOR TUESDAY, 9/24/13
• Literature Circle #2
• Because we didn’t have time to review
today, please put your vocabulary words on the
board when you come in.
• Definition and part of speech or sentence (do not