A Dev-Ops Tool Info
Written in : Go
Author : Solomon Hykes
Type 1 :
● One OS doesn’t affect other / Gyest OS
● Ex : Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware ESXi Server, Xen Server
Type 2 :
● Host-Guest OS Methodology
● Ex : Microsoft Virtual PC, VMware Workstation, Oracle VBox
OS level Virtualization
● Isolated virtual machine like user space running instances
● Ex : Zones, Virtual Kernels
● Having Hypervisor.
● It consumes more. For
● So heavier
● Needs bigger footprint (RAM
● Replaces hypervisor.
● Consumes very less
● Smaller footprint (No RAM
and individual storage)
How To ?
Quick Demo Video : Installation - Build - Run
● docker inspect - Inspecting the information about the custom object.
● docker rm - Removing the object provided in arg.
● docker info - Printing the docker information.
● docker rename - All objects can be renamed.
● docker login - Registry Login
● docker logout - Registry Logout
● docker container
● docker ps - Process status for current running processes.
● docker start - Initiating the container.
● docker restart - Restarting the already started container.
● docker cp - Copy the files from the local directory to the container path.
● docker port - Port mapping on running container.
● docker pause
● docker unpause
● docker image
● docker search - Search images in customized docker registry.
● docker pull - Pulling images from registry.
● docker push - Pushing images to the customized registry.
● docker save - Save the image as compressed file.
● docker load - Load the compressed file as an image.
● docker rmi - Removing images.
● docker run - Create + Start the container in single command.
● docker volume - Mounting the local directory as a volume object to
● docker network - Network configuration customizing for bridge,
vlan and overlay networks.
● docker stats - Statistics on the container information on the
● docker top - Normal Top command for quick view.
● Docker Machine
● Kubernetes vs Rancher vs Docker Machine
● Replica Set
In my system around 53 types of kubernetes Controllers and objects are available..
Demands for Swarm Cluster
Ex : Minikube, katakoda,....