Yew Chung International School of Beijing - Seeds of Hope Charity
Yew Chung International School of
Seeds of Hope Charity
Seeds of Hope
• Seeds of Hope is a charity created by Yew Chung
International School (YCIS).
• The charity was formed in partnership with the China
Youth Development Foundation.
The Beginning of a Charity
• After the 2008 Sichuan earthquake, all YCIS schools
collected money to send to those in the devastated
• Inspired by the charitable efforts of each school, YCIS
decided to continue it’s charity projects through the
creation of ‘Seeds of Hope’.
Seeds of Hope Schools
• Each year, a ‘Seeds of Hope’ school is built to provide
education for underprivileged children in rural areas of
• These schools are then supported by the YCIS schools
through visits and further donations of funds and
Minzhu Primary School
• After the Sichuan earthquake, YCIS Schools helped
raise funds to rebuild the earthquake-damaged Minzhu
Qufu Seeds of Hope School
• The first official ‘Seeds of Hope’ school was built in Qufu
in Shandong province.
• The Qufu Hope School now provides education to 500
children, from 6 different villages.
• In May 2012, students from YCIS visited the children of
the Qufu Hope School, built a library and donated books.
Hebei Seeds of Hope School
• The second Seeds of Hope school was built in Hebei
• Every time our teachers and students visit the Seeds of
Hope school, they donate educational resources, play
games and teach the local children.
Guangdong Seeds of Hope School
• The third ‘Seeds of Hope’ school was built in Shaoguan,
Guangdong Province in 2014.
• The next location for a Seeds of Hope school will be
How Do We Raise Funds
• All students, staff and parents raise fund though:
• Charity projects such as bake sales, talent shows and
community events throughout the year.
• We have an annual Seeds of Hope concert in one YCIS
school with all proceeds going towards our charity.
The Benefits For Our Students
• YCIS students also benefit from this charity:
• It provides Creativity, Action, Service (CAS) projects for
• It teaches students to care for others and their society
• It creates great relationships with communities, local
students and other charity organisations
• YCIS will align with love and charity
• This motto is part of all YCIS Schools in which character
education is taught as a vital pillar in our curriculum.
• We don’t want to educate future leaders, we want to
educate future leaders who care about their society.
• For more information about YCIS Beijing,
please feel free to contact us:
• Tel: (010) 8583 3731
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Website: www.ycis-bj.com