7 Days of Creation, Free Bible Chart from Word Of God Team
THE SEVEN DAYS OF CREATION
1. First day: God creates light ("Let there be light!" - Gen 1:3)—the first divine
command. The light is divided from the darkness, and "day" and "night" are named.
2. Second day: God creates a firmament ("Let a firmament be...!" – Gen 1:6-7)—the
second command—to divide the waters above from the waters below. The firmament is
3. Third day: God commands the waters below to be gathered together in one place,
and dry land to appear (the third command, Gen 1:9,10). "earth" and "sea" are named. God
commands the earth to bring forth grass, plants, and fruit-bearing trees (the fourth
4. Fourth day: God creates lights in the firmament (the fifth command, Gen 1:14,15) to
separate light from darkness and to mark days, seasons and years. Two great lights are
made (most likely the Sun and Moon, but not named), and the stars.
5. Fifth day: God commands the sea to "teem with living creatures", and birds to fly
across the heavens (sixth command, Gen 1:20,21) He creates birds and sea creatures, and
commands them to be fruitful and multiply.
6. Sixth day: God commands the land to bring forth living creatures (seventh
command, Gen 1:24,25) He makes wild beasts, livestock and reptiles. He then creates
humanity in His "image" and "likeness" (eighth command, Gen 1:26–28) They are told to
"be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it." The totality of creation is
described by God as "very good."
7. Seventh day: God, having completed the heavens and the earth, rests from His
work, and blesses and sanctifies the seventh day.
Free resource from Word Of God Team, www.WordOfGod.in