1. Innovating in the Commons A Method to the Madness Sameer Verma, Ph.D. Information Systems San Francisco State University San Francisco, California, USA
3. Job description Teaching. Research. Service.
4. Teaching ISYS 573 - Managing Open Source History Collaboration Creative Commons Licensing Business Models Assessment Adoption and Use
5. Research The role of serial entrepreneurs in the internationalization of global start-ups. A business case Journal of Strategic Management Education Vol 6: Issue 1, 2010 Alberto Onetti, Marco Talaia, Vincenza Odorici, Manuela Presutti, Sameer Vermahttp://www.senatehall.com/strategic-management?article=368
6. Service Drupal Community of Practice http://drupal.sfsu.edu Just say “No!” to committees
7. Three significant projects San Francisco State University Learning Management Services Moodle (http://moodle.org) Content Management Services Drupal (http://drupal.org) E-Portfolio Services Mahara (http://mahara.org)
8. Establish a need Needs of the campus Students, Staff, Faculty Total Cost of Ownership 5 year time frame Buy vs Build Interoperability In-house expertise Create employment! Cross-campus development California State University system
9. What drives platform choice? Flavor of the day Code Documentation Training ? Integration Support Support Support …
10. Open Source Maturity Model Created by NavicaSoft Released under the Open Academic License Multi-criteria assessment Weighted scoring approach http://web.archive.org/web/20080731125905/http://www.navicasoft.com/ Thanks to our friends at the Internet Archive!