2. Video Camera To shoot all the video footage we used a canon MD235 Digital video camera that the college provided for us to rent out. <ul><li>The video camera has 45x advanced zoom </li></ul><ul><li>Captures more detail than previous other cameras </li></ul><ul><li>Helps to eliminate camera shake making the overall production run smoother. </li></ul><ul><li>The true wide high resolution is ideal for playback on a widescreen TV </li></ul><ul><li>Also has the option to shoot using wide colour EVF to conserve the battery useful when the camera is running on low battery </li></ul>Quick start was useful for when we were filming spare of the moment events that occurred, as we decided it would be effective within our video. LCD video light was helpful when shooting close up as it illuminated the object even in poor lighting conditions. All of these features allowed us to make our video look a lot more professional.
3. Video Camera Advantages Disadvantages Up-to-date filming facilities helped enhance our videos authenticity. I found these an extremely useful facility to have access to. The features that the camera have, such as LCD video light and colour EVF have enabled us to produce professional looking footage to edit. I feel that the only disadvantage that I can think of, would be the limited access that we had to the cameras, due to the booking out service that the college provided. This gave me a little bit less time than planned to film the footage, although I look at this in good spirit as it drove me to film my footage and get it finished.
4. For both the music video and the ancillary tasks we will took pictures of the locations being used and also of the artist herself. We did this using a Panasonic lumix digital stills camera, which was also provided by the college. <ul><li>12 megapixel camera </li></ul><ul><li>5x optical zoom </li></ul><ul><li>USB connection </li></ul><ul><li>The resolution of the camera is really high </li></ul><ul><li>There is no compromise in the quality of the picture </li></ul>Stills Camera This proved extremely useful whilst performing the ancillary tasks as we shot pictures of the artist without making her feel uncomfortable.
5. Stills Camera Advantages Disadvantages The cameras were a good, extra facility that the college loaned to us. They were basic and easy to use, enabling us to capture good images I feel that our print product could have looked more authentic with a proper, professional photographer’s camera. The Panasonic Lumix took acceptable pictures but they weren’t as clear as I would have hoped.
6. <ul><li>The computer that I used for the majority of the time throughout the planning, designing, creating and editing was the Apple Mac. </li></ul><ul><li>It was in conjunction with the footage to; </li></ul><ul><li>Import </li></ul><ul><li>Edit </li></ul><ul><li>Store </li></ul><ul><li>Distribute </li></ul>Computer The computer was fast, had a large memory and also the graphics on it are extremely advanced and therefore enabled us to see our project through good quality image.
7. Computer Advantages Disadvantages The Apple Mac computers contain features that the Windows computers don’t and they were a lot more advanced with what they could offer us. I thought that the Apple Mac’s were quite slow at time, especially with the internet connection. It took me a while to adjust to using this type of computer and are initially quite a difficult hardware to use. I found that I was limited to the work I could do outside of college because I couldn’t open the AppleMac files on my Windows XP computer.
8. <ul><li>Final Cut Express is one of the most famous video editing software that the Apple Mac has created and because of its success it has gone on to evolve and regenerate. </li></ul><ul><li>Make professional looking videos a lot easier </li></ul><ul><li>Compatible with the most famous formats </li></ul><ul><li>Used in camcorders; DV, HDV or AVCHD </li></ul><ul><li>Add in titles and graphics </li></ul><ul><li>Mix your audio tracks </li></ul><ul><li>Adjust audio and video filters. </li></ul><ul><li>Include transitions, filters and effects to give projects a professional touch. </li></ul>Video Editing For all the above reasons we used this software to edit our music video.
9. Video Editing Advantages Disadvantages FinalCut was so much better to use than any other video editing software that I have played around with because it was so advanced, more or less bordering professional software. It allowed us to perform tasks that helped enhance the quality of our video. Once I had played around with the editing software I was able to use it to the best of its ability. Initially, it is extremely difficult to use, which slowed the editing process down at first. Due to the complexity of the software is and the fact that we go into our coursework never having used the software, it is complicated and time consuming to try and work. We made numerous mistakes due to us not knowing how to work it but, if you never try, you’ll never learn!
10. Image Editing For the ancillary tasks, as it was more of a physical merchandise we needed, we used Photoshop cs3. It was a quick, easy way to make professional photo products such as album covers and magazine adverts. <ul><li>Some of the main features include: </li></ul><ul><li>Colour correction </li></ul><ul><li>Cloning and healing tools </li></ul><ul><li>Blending layers </li></ul><ul><li>Quick selection </li></ul><ul><li>Effects </li></ul>These features help make the image look pristine and flawless. The errors in the colouring can be altered and corrected.
11. Image Editing Advantages Disadvantages The software is professional and offers features that basic software’s such as ‘Paint’ can’t. Photoshop helped us to achieve the print products that we had in mind (with the exception of it being very difficult!). The cutting out tool proved useful when editing our artist into the plant pot clipart. We drew the leaves, plant pot, sunshine, birds and cloud on Photoshop and I am happy with the outcome we achieved. I used Photoshop last year and have followed on to use it this year, but I still find it difficult to edit images because of how advanced it is. I don’t enjoy using Photoshop because of how complicated I find it and found that it was a hindrance and time-consuming, especially with a deadline.