J. Stuart – First Animated Film
First radio station, KDKA.
First Radio Network, NBC
Watson-Watt creates Radar
Two way Radio
London TV broadcast
First Personal Computer
Pong Video Game/Home Game
• Microsoft Introduces Windows95
• EBay Created
• Instant Messenger
2001 - Present
• Wikipedia – “952”
• Social Media
• 3d Technology
TECH + EDUCATION
TECH + BUSINESS
• Educational games immerse the student in the game, where content
and curricula are delivered or juxtaposed. Gamification aims to
incorporate elements of games, such as levels and badges.
• Becoming more possible with internet.
• Video games help reinforce connections and communications.
• Critical thinking in a game (a certain discipline) can help to reinforce
the real world applications of concepts, ideas, or techniques.
• Badging, a system of recognition that allows students to accumulate
documentation of their skills, achievements, qualities, and interests in a
visual public facing format.
• Everest – Harvard simulation
• Companies more revenue.
• Market expected to be 5
billion in5 yrs.
• 63% - fun and rewarding.
• 51% - to watch closer.
Type Of Tech Used
To txt or call friends or family to
Mobile computing during work
hours, but also use to browse the
To play videogames and enjoy
To listen to music on the go.
Keep connect to bosses, teachers,
and others I need to contact in a
Microsoft Office/JD Edwards
Programs I use to get my work
1. Two ways technology effects education?
2. Is Gamification a new idea? Why is it becoming popular now?
3. Why is mobility important for businesses?