Facebook Account : A Facebook Page cannot be created without having an account and, once created, a Facebook Page will then be the possession of that account, and only you can access it (unless you appoint other administrators).
Two things to keep in mind:1. Once we create our Facebook Page name, AND, we have 100 or more fans for that Page, the name is set in stone and can never be edited… not even if you contact Facebook directly and beg/complain/demand them to do it.2. There is no limit to the number of fan pages you can create under one Facebook account.
Be extremely careful in naming your page URL, as it is PERMANENT and will be seen within the actual URL of your Facebook Page (for all of you SEO professionals, you'll immediately see the importance of this).
Add admins in order to transfer Page ownership.
1. SOCIAL MEDIAAlumni Club Leadership SummitBuilding a PresenceMay 4, 2013
2. Columbia Business School 2THE IMPACT OF SOCIAL MEDIA● 91% of social marketers saw improved website traffic due to social mediacampaigns. (Social Media Today)● 10 million minutes of Skype calls happen every day. (Brandwatch)● Google’s +1 button is used 5 million times a day. (Huffington Post)● 23% of Facebook’s users check their account five or more times every day. (TheSocial Habit)● 42% of users update their LinkedIn profile information regularly. (Socialtimes)● 80% of users prefer to connect with brands on Facebook. (Huffington Post)● There are 3,480 photos uploaded to Instagram every minute. (Digital Trends)● 2 million blog posts are published every day. (Brandwatch)● More than 1 million websites have integrated with Facebook in various ways.(Uberly)
3. Columbia Business School 3THE IMPACT OF FACEBOOK● 751 million monthly active users who used Facebookmobile products as of March 31, 2013.● 655 million daily active users on average in March 2013.● Approximately 79% of our daily active users are outside theU.S. and Canada.● 50 million total Facebook pages created.● 141.5 friends per user on average as of March 2013.● 2.7 billion daily Facebook likes on average in March 2013.– "Newsroom." Key Facts. Facebook.com, n.d. Web. 31 March 2013.
4. Columbia Business School 4THE FACEBOOK PAGE ADVANTAGE● Pages get internal promotion on Facebook.com● Pages have more options for customization● Search engine visibility● Anonymity
5. Columbia Business School 5BUILDING A PAGE PRESENCEGeneral OverviewThink of it as a one-page interactive billboard for sharing information and links;visible to Facebook users as well as search engines.Getting “Liked” allows it to function as a specialized social networking mailing listthat you can reach out to at any time! All you need is a Facebook account.Facebook Page Components1. Facebook Account / Page Creation2. Adding Content3. Administration / Succession
6. 1. FACEBOOK ACCOUNT / PAGE CREATION66Columbia Business School
7. 1. FACEBOOK ACCOUNT / PAGE CREATION77Columbia Business School
8. 1. FACEBOOK ACCOUNT / PAGE CREATION88Columbia Business SchoolHermes Symbol and Logo Graphics are availableto all Club Leaders upon request.
9. 1. FACEBOOK ACCOUNT / PAGE CREATION99Columbia Business School
10. 10Columbia Business SchoolYour Page is created!Now it’s time to startadding content…
11. 2. ADDING CONTENT1111Columbia Business School1. Profile Picture2. "About" Section3. "Likes" Showcase4. Page Title & Category5. Page Body6. Administrative Links
12. 2. ADDING CONTENT1212Columbia Business School
13. 3. ADMINISTRATION / SUCCESSION1313Columbia Business School
14. 3. ADMINISTRATION / SUCCESSION1414Columbia Business School
15. Columbia Business School 15BUILDING AN AUDIENCE1. Targeted Regional Event Promotion Emails2. Links to Facebook Page from Alumni Website3. Share and Post Content to School Facebook Page
16. Columbia Business School 16Q&AASK:QuestionsSHARE:ExperienceConcernsCommentsBest Practices