Campaign: KFC “So Good” / “Love Is Forever”
Agency: Ogilvy Johannesburg
• Ogilvy and Mather was founded by American
entrepreneur, David Ogilvy, in 1948. Starting with just
2 employees, he built his business into one of the
largest and most award-winning advertising agencies
in the world.
• He believed in creating advertising to build brands
that would stand the test of time.
"Every advertisement is part of the
long-term investment in the
personality of the brand."
• Ogilvy has many departments that are responsible for
different media functions.
• Art directors and copywriters within Ogilvy work
together to create rough sketches and story boards
and oversee the production of advertising by
specialists that are outsourced.
• Moved away from the realm of typical in-your-
face, fast paced fast food commercials that we are
bombarded with every day
• Didn’t have the words “fried”, “artery-clogging”
and “fast-food” ringing in my head
• Smell is strongly associated with memory
• Storyline and visual effects were refreshing -
travel backwards in time. Very well produced
• Goes hand in hand with the “memories” theme,
and that eating KFC is somewhat of a ritual
• It tugged at the heartstrings and left the viewer
with that familiar “ warm and fuzzy” feeling.
• Elle Goulding’s cover of the well-known Elton John
song, “Your Song” worked well with the emotive
tone of the commercial. Popular song at the time
it was flighted.
This commercial got almost 400 000
views on YouTube and was in the Top
10 of Millward Brown’s most liked ads
#1 in Fast-Food category of the 2012
Sunday Times Top Brands Survey
Received Gold Award in Corporate
Responsibility at PRISM Awards 2013
for Journey Of Hope initiative
Old KFC ad done also done by Ogilvy Johannesburg
Finger Lickin’ Good
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.