Developed by Union-Swiss, privately owned company
based in CT.
No.1 best-selling scar and stretch mark product
since its launch in 2002.
Uses unique ingredient, PurCellin Oil™ which ensures that
vitamins and minerals in the oil are easily absorbed.
Made in accordance with the current Good Manufacturing Process. Each
batch is laboratory tested and monitored over a 5-year period.
• Women are mainly prone to stretch marks. They are also notoriously
hard to get rid of therefore the demand is high.
• If any of the ingredients prove to be beneficial for children and/or
men, then it will open up another market.
• Price fluctuation will determine what demographic of women can
• External reviews that do not bode well for Bio-oil that pertain to their
preferred clientele could lead to boycotting of the product.
• Due to the product’s oily nature might be seen a hazardous for the
environment or user’s health.
• Any ingredient that can be deemed harmful within the contents of the
bottle at any stage will affect bio-oil’s popularity
• Ethical issues/feminist issue: May argue against the removal of natural
• Improvements in faster and more effective stretch mark and scar removal.
• Sales are in accordance with inflation as product is a luxury good.
• If one of the ingredients is proved to be harmful at any point they will face
major litigation action.
• Union Swiss - privately owned multi- national skincare company
based in CT
• They research, develop, manufacture locally and license out to
international companies; employees of Union Swiss and its
subsidiaries and outsourced employees
• Skincare community; competitors and affiliates are affected by
anything that happens to the Bio-Oil product i.e. Clicks and Justine
• Product most recommended by doctors for scars and stretch marks
• All the packaging is made from recyclable materials
• No harmful emissions or waste generated from production of Bio-Oil
• Received multiple international awards for being Best Treatment Oil
• Member of Beauty Without Cruelty International
• Top of mind product
• No other products under the Bio-Oil brand
• Has caused breakouts in some people
• Only clinically tested on Causcasian women
• Synthetic ingredients like mineral oils can clog pores
• Slow progress
• Bio- Oil lotion or cream or lip balm for a more absorbent product and
expanding the line
• Competitors with similar and cheaper products
• Competitors with more advanced products that may be more expensive
but are more effective and end up costing less in the long run
• Lack of product line and extensions
• Improved formula may be needed
• More product affiliation or brand – relationship
To extend the Bio- Oil range with at least one more product within 3 years and
subsequently increase Bio-Oil sales by 8% after one fiscal year of said product’s launch.
To improve the formula within 3 years so as to extend the range and provide a more
satisfactory product thereby increasing documented customer satisfaction by 10%
within one year of it’s the improved bottle’s launch
Stronger brand affiliation or brand coalition with medical doctors and fore runners in
Health retail store market, through redirecting 15% of our marketing budget to in-
store and selective promotions so as to build credibility.