1. Marina Bay Learning Journey Social Studies Project
2. Marina Bay Sands• What are some brands that are considered globalbrands in the Marina Bay Sands?- Chanel- Coach- Prada• Are there any local Singapore brands in Marina BaySands? Have they expanded their business overseas?- , OCBC and UBO expanded their business overseas.
3. Marina Bay Sands• How does Marina Bay Sands contribute to the growth of Singapore? Think of the functions within Sands.- Casino attracts tourists to Singapore boosting our economy.- It also improves Singapore’s image more well-known internationally boost popularity and attract foreign investment.-
4. A Green Singapore• The eco friendly structure in Marina Bay… Breeze shelter - This is generated by solar energy with motion sensors.• The toilet sensors in Fuhua’s toilet uses similar concept.
5. A Green Singapore• Singapore has limited resources (eg: fuels). Thus environment conservation is very important to us as we may eventually run out of resources. In the future…• Ways to conserve the environment:- CNG for cars- Solar energy- Hydro-electricity
6. A Green Singapore• This is linked to Anticipate Change and Stay Relevant• Knowing that Singapore has limited resources, Singapore is prepared for this by introducing the use of natural energy, such as solar energy, and at the same time encouraging citizens to conserve energy.
7. Marina City GalleryGrey building models White building models• Old buildings • Newly built buildings Translucent building models •Will be built in the future Company involved: Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA)
8. • Why is Marina Bay’s development important?- To support existing office theme.• How is Marina Bay planned?- Extensive pedestrians network- Grid road network ensure good connection• How can Marina Bay be made vibrant?- Stakeholder’s community active participation in investments and is “lively” in the investment district.
9. Marina City Gallery • Linked to Leadership Is Key • Good leaders will have careful and precise plans, hence leading our country to success. • The plans URA made (as seen in Marina City Gallery) is one good example. to… Leads SUCCESS!Good Planning from leaders
10. Economic Defence; Competitiveness in 21st Century• Marina Bay provides many facilities and places for leisure and recreation. (Casino, shopping mall, theatre) Improved quality of life since people can relax and enjoy themselves.• Economy is also improved due to the foreign investments and also the profits made in the casino and hotels.• The government made it possible because they are creative and can anticipate change while staying relevant by preparing for the future.
11. Clifford Pier• How has the pier changed?- Built in 1933, Clifford Pier was a landing point for immigrants and other sea passengers.- Now, the pier is used as a terminal for tourist to board small boats/ferries.- This change is important as it brings in and attracts more tourists and acts as a form of entertainment to locals as well, hence improving quality of life.