• A blog is a personal journal published on the Web consisting of entries.• Blogs are usually the work of a single individual, occasionally of a small group, and often are themed on a single subject.
• Most good quality blogs are interactive,• In that sense, blogging can be seen as a form of social networking.
• Blogger is a blog-publishing service that allows private or multi-user blogs with time-stamped entries. It was created by Pyra Labs, which was bought by Google in 2003. Generally, the blogs are hosted by Google at blogspot.com.
• Blogger has imposed the following limitations on content storage and bandwidth, per user account:• Number of blogs = Unlimited• Size of pages = Individual pages (the main page of a blog or archive pages) are limited to 1 MB• Number of pictures (hyperlinked from users Picasa Web Album) = Up to 1 GB of free storage• Size of pictures = If posted via Blogger Mobile, limited 250 KB per picture; posted pictures are scaled to 800px• Team members (those that can write to a blog) = 100
• You can search for other blogs or websites that offer many resources, widgets and gadgets to improve your blog’s appearance.
It is easy to change the appearence of your blog bydownloading one of the many templates that you canfind on the web.
WordPress• WordPress is a free, open-source blogging platform that has grown into a full-fledged content management system. It enjoys enormous community support.
Tumblr• Tumblr is a microblogging platform that allows users to post text, images, videos, links, quotes and audio to their blog. Users can follow other and reblog their posts.
Movable Type• Perhaps even more venerated than Blogger, Movable Type was very popular in the early part of the blogging movement, and it has been reemerging in 2011.
Tips for your blog! Entertain me! Make me want to visit your blog again!
• No neon colors• Like this one, its annoyng.• No text and background alike colors• Try to read this lalalala annoying, again.• No pictures over the size of the blogging space you chose (looks ugly)
• Don’t stay just with the basic! You can do it better :D! http://www.blogskins.com/