• Use WordPress functionality and features ﬁrst, if available.
• Don t include admin/feature pointers.
• No pay wall restricting any WordPress feature.
• No disabling of the admin tool bar.
• Use get_template_directory() rather than TEMPLATEPATH to return the template path.
• Use get_stylesheet_directory() rather than STYLESHEETPATH to return the stylesheet path.
• Avoid hard coding to modify content. Instead, use function parameters, ﬁlters and action hooks where appropriate.
For example wp_title should be modiﬁed using a ﬁlter.
• Able to have child themes made from them. (Child theme ready)
• Include comments_template().
• The theme tags and description must match the what the theme actually does in respect to functionality and design.
• Use template tags and action/ﬁlter hooks properly.