SAP BPC 10.0 NW FLAT FILE (csv)Master data upload doc
MASTER DATA UPLOAD
Master Data Upload : To upload master data we should need to follow the below procedure
Master Data upload Flat File approach: If your source systemis non SAP and the client decided
to upload master data into BPC System then we should follow FFU (Flat File Upload) to upload
Note : If you are uploading data through flat file, excel file should be converted intoCSV
1) Ensue Dimensions are created
2) Ensure Model is created
3) Ensure Connection is established through connection manager
4) Ensure all properties have maintained in all dimensions.
Master Data Upload Procedure:
1) Click on office client
2) Select required connection from the connection manager
3) Verify you are connected to right model and placed your entire dimensions in report
4)Click on Data Manger Tab on top of the Ribbon and select ‘Upload Data’ data option.
5)Click on Browse button and select the required CSV file from your systemserver. Click
6 Save this CSV file with proper name as below
7) Need to select a new transformation file from the Data Manager tab by clicking
Transformation file option.
8) Select required option from ‘options section’ and leave mapping as blank in case of
Master data upload through flat file approach.
9)Click on validation and process file under data manger tab by clicking Transformation
10) Select Data type as Master Data from Flat file, Select Data – File should be selected,
Select a dimension as P_Account as below. Click Save button.
11)Save that file as .xls and give proper business name and save.
Verify the validation status.
Note : If the validation is failed so you need to identify the errors and change them in
source file upload again and re run the validation file until it gets Validated.
12) Need to create Data Manager Package (Extract data from front end to Back End BPC
system to BW).
Click on Organise button under Data Mager Tab, select Organise Package Iist.
13) Select the Model and right click on that and click on Add package Group
14) Right click on created package group and select Package option and add Package.
Please refer the below screen shot
15) Select the appropriate process chain by clicking select button
16) Select process chain as /CPMB/IMPORT _MASTER (Flat file approach)
17) Filled required information and Add the package
18) Need to run the package from Data Manager tab by clicking Run package option as
19)Select DM Package and click Run button
20) Browse the file by clicking Browse button
21) Select source file (CSV) form the server and click on next button
22)Select source file (xls) from the server and click on next button
23) Select Dimension Name and click on next
24) Click on Finish button
25) By clicking the View status button package success details can be shown
Note : Please follow the same procedure for other dimension master data upload, If you
are uploading master data first time in your model and then you need to create DM
package or else it is not required from next time onwards.