A collaborative productivity
September 25, 2009
• A SpringShare Product –
“We put the librarian back in the Online Library”
• Content management and library knowledge
– Share knowledge and information
– Create multimedia content
– Promote library resources
Why use LibGuides?
• Librarians have control over created content
• Can tailor a guide to a particular user group
• Multiple authors possible
• Large community of contributing authors sharing
Examples of LibGuides Uses
• Course guide – librarian and instructor
collaborate to create guide
• General resource guide – a “how to” for
library resources and services
• Faculty/staff guide – assistance in finding
research funding. Also highlight the
connection between the library and research.
• Guides are very customizable, but some
institutions standardize look and available
• Can rename, reorder pages and content on
• Large community of LibGuides users – can
view and glean ideas from others’ pages
Good place to save documents
for easy accessibility
Link to pages in guides
created at other
This page developed by
Deborah Lee, Ph.D,
University. Used with
Help and Ideas
• SpringShare Community Group
– Ask for demo account
– Create and save guides – free!!
• Browse other public guides within LibGuides
– Can add pages or parts of pages from other guides
• Libguides are fun and easy to create
• Ask for free demo account
• Very reasonable cost:
– The annual license fee ranges from $899 to $2,999
($549 for K‐12 libraries), based on size of
institution and number of libraries
• Allows librarians to repackage information and
tailor it to their constituents.
• Adds value to information by making it more
useful and easier to interpret.
• Allows collaboration within the library and
with other departments in your institution.
• Emphasizes the connection between the
library and other essential campus functions.
• Free and easy polling software
• Use to make a decision
– Make choices
• Works great to help schedule cross‐
Why open an account?
•Your polls at one glance: participate, edit and close from your
dashboard. (If you don’t, you can’t edit your own poll.)
•Doodle will recognize you and protect your entries from
•Invite participants directly from Doodle (optionally access
your Google or Outlook addressbook).
•Subscribe to Doodle via ics calendar feed in Outlook, Google
Calendar or iCal.
•If you subscribe to our Newsletter, we'll keep you updated
with our latest developments.