2. A Bit About Me
• Husband and father to Scout, Daisy & Indiana
• President, Kristian Andersen + Associates
• Founder, Pathagility
• Founder, TinderBox
• Managing Partner, Gravity Ventures
• Lives in Arkansas works Indy
31. Why Employers Should Care
Strong personal brands add value to corporate brands!
• Publicity & Visibility
• Build Organizational Credibility
• Increased Engagement Levels
• Expands Influence
• Human Connection to the Organization
• Halo Effect (which works both ways)
32. 5 Questions
Question #1 : What are your goals?
Question #2 : What do you value?
Question #3 : What are you passionate about?
Question #4 : What motivates you?
Question #5 : What makes you remarkable?
33. 5 Rules
Rule #1 : Be Diligent
Rule #2 : Be Consistent
Rule #3 : Be Relevant
Rule #4 : Be Interesting
Rule #5 : Be Yourself
34. 5 Steps
Building lasting, effective personal brands takes time and
there is no one-size-fits-all process.
Step #1 : Take Inventory
Step #2 : Develop a (Brand) Plan
Step #3 : Craft Your Identity
Step #4 : Choose the Right Tools & Channels
Step #5 : Measure & Repeat
35. Tools & Channels
Tools & Channels:
You have to use them to understand them
• Web sites
• Blogs / micro-blogs
• Social networks (Facebook, Ning, Linked-In, Twitter)
• Events (create your own or hijack one)
• Off-line & alternate publishing
• The media
Don’t Forget to:
• Make yourself findable (SEO, social networks, etc.)
• Connect everything
• Cultivate relationships w/ the press, peers, competitors, etc.
• Donate your expertise to a cause
• Develop a visible platform
• Start & join conversations
36. “We are CEOs of our own companies: Me
Inc. To be in business today, our most
important job is to be head marketer for the
brand called you”