Be the first to like this
Story in pictures :)
Actualog is an innovative cloud-based social Product Information Management platform that brings together the expertise and knowledge of the manufacturers and most competent customers from around the world.
Actualog helps companies to share information about products, materials and technologies focusing on complex technical products using the ideas of social interaction.
Technology advances in connectivity and devices have changed the way we access and consume information. Companies are faced with a unique challenge of aggregating content from thousands of suppliers using disparate formats and processes into one user-friendly catalogue. Then the challenge of providing customers with rich product information that is current is next. Since each customer uses the content to drive their own procurement initiatives, accuracy is mission-critical. A breakdown in reliable data can have a negative or positive ripple effect on profit margins as it flows across multiple enterprises. To be effective in marketing, selling, manufacturing, distributing, and sourcing products requires more consistent and higher quality product information.
The development of new and sophisticated technical products significantly increases the amount of product-related data and content. Organizations increase the number and diversity of products they offer and range of procured products and components.
80% of companies are not satisfied with the quality of information available about the products they purchase.
- procurement professionals need up-to-date and accurate information about products;
- engineers and designers are looking for information about new products and technologies;
- sales and marketing specialists need to provide information about the products to their clients;
- companies around the world need to share information about their products with unified multilingual material descriptions and conform to national technical standards.
In summary, companies are faced with the following problems:
- Data Incompleteness;
- Duplicates of product records;
- Wrong, unreliable or outdated data;
- Inconsistent formats for product characteristics;
- Missing information about analogies, alternatives, and comparable products;
- Missing text and media product information such as instructions and manuals;
- Incomplete and erroneous product translations from foreign suppliers.
Product information management (PIM) addresses these challenges and enables companies to optimize processes around sourcing, managing, and distributing product information.