Good writing conveys its meaning efficiently, with the precision through the careful selection of words. Revise the following sentences.Karen S Wright
1.In our natural childbirth class, I planned a calm and relaxing childbirth plan for my own pregnancy.2.This book contains a significant amount of information on art in history because without a knowledge of art history, one may find it difficult to discern the principles of art which are clearly crucial to the understanding of the aspects of art today.
3. Although she was in afamily way, she continuedin the fulfillment of herfamilial and employmentresponsibilities.4. During that time period,many people who were carbuyers preferred cars thatwere large in size andbright color but not of acheap quality.
Whenever you presentany kind of listing informal or academicwriting, whether it is aformatted list such as anoutline or just a series ofitems in a sentence, allitems should be in thesame grammatical form.
5. The last decades of thenineteenth century throughthe early decade of thetwentieth century marked aperiod when Americansconfronted rapidindustrialization, acommunications revolution,and big business was growing.
6. All addictionsarecharacterized bycompulsion, lossof control, thereare negativeconsequences,and people denythey’re addicted.
Person, which indicates to whom a sentencerefers, is denoted mainly by pronouns. Thefirst- person pronouns I, me, we, and us refersto the writer. The second-person pronoun yourefers to the reader or listener. The third-personpronouns he, him, she, her, they and them referto people being written about. Be careful whenmaking shifts in person.
7. You shouldstart writing apaper well beforethe deadline;otherwise, onemay end up doingit at the lastminute.
8. We were hoping toget tickets to theconcert, but the linewas so long you hadno chance.9. Anyone who weavesin or out of traffic isendangering theirfellow drivers.
10. Writer’s block is when you cannot getstarted writing.11. In creative writers, such as Matilda,romanticize her adventures.
12. When the boxingmatch included WilliamSmith and Ted Jacksonhe became the schoolhero.13. In processing caramelat high heat softens theircenters.14. Since the price of gasmakes you want to takethe bus.
Writers today areunder timepressure and someare not willing tospend valuabletime reviewingwhat they havewritten; however,it is important totheir reader tomake theirwriting as clearand concise as