THE ADIDAS SLOGAN: FROM ‘’IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING’’ TO ‘’ADIDAS IS ALL IN ‘’
THE ADIDAS SLOGAN: FROM
‘’IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING’’ TO
‘’ADIDAS IS ALL IN ‘’
• A great brand or a company slogan lays out
the complete brand philosophy in just one
small phrase: it should explain what is the
reason behind the very existence of a brand.
• It was not until 1974 that Adidas got
associated with the slogan, “Impossible is
Nothing” that is actually taken from a quote
by Muhammad Ali.
• Muhammad Ali endorsed Adidas at the peak of his era.
Now it must be easier to digest how Adidas got
affiliated with this slogan: through brand endorsement
and smart positioning.
• Erich Stamminger, member of the Executive Board of
Adidas, describes “Impossible is Nothing” is the concept
behind Adidas’ brand positioning “forever sport” that
clearly and emotionally communicates our passion for
He added, “As an athlete you always strive to go
further, break new ground, and surpass your limits. So
do we as a brand, to achieve our mission to be the
leading sports brand in the world.”
• In 1974 Adidas launched a series of
the “Impossible is Nothing” campaign as short
videos featuring the legendary Muhammad
• The first in the series was a boxing match
between a younger version of Muhammad Ali
and his three time female-boxing champion
daughter, Laila Ali, at the height of his own
• Hence, a series of event and celebrity based
campaigns around the “Impossible is
Nothing” slogan followed for years to strengthen
the brand philosophy.
• Impossible is Nothing has been a powerful
Adidas slogan for many years and many people
will continue to remember the brand with the
same philosophy for times to come. However, as
of March 2011, the new Adidas slogan has been
changed to “All In,” through a campaign that was
claimed to be the most expensive Adidas
marketing effort ever.
• Adidas is carrying on with it’s slogan “Adidas Is
All In” in 2013.
• This is the first time that the company has
created a campaign leveraging the adidas
Sport Performance, adidas Originals and
adidas Sport Style sub-brands, ensuring that it
is the most diverse and all-encompassing
glimpse into the brand ever.
• The campaign showcases adidas’ distinctive
presence across and into different sports,
cultures and lifestyles fusing the worlds of
sport, music and fashion.
• Captured in their natural, authentic
surroundings, brand ambassadors from
football stars Lionel Messi and David Beckham
to NBA star Derrick Rose and pop icon Katy
Perry to the adidas skateboarding team and
many more show that when you love your
game, whatever the game, you put your all