6. “ Web 2.0 generally refers to a second generation of services available on the WWW that lets people collaborate and share information online .” - Wikipedia.com Shared Bookmarks = Shared Videos = Shared Everything = “ Social media is the use of electronic and Internet tools for the purpose of sharing and discussing information and experiences with other human beings.” - Wikipedia.com Shared Pictures = Shared Knowledge = Shared News =
42. What elements need to be present in order for our strategies to support Virtual Users?
43. To enable our customers to connect with library staff, its services and with each other in meaningful ways . Engage VIRTUAL USERS Our customers feel CONNECTED
44. To provide our customers with a rich online experience that enhances their local branch experience & daily lives . Enrich VIRTUAL USERS Our customers feel They’re getting VALUE
45. To enable our customers to personalize their library experience allow our community to celebrate themselves . VIRTUAL USERS Empower Our customers feel GOOD about THEMSELVES
46. Engage Enrich Empower + CML.org is a destination. +++ Users embed pieces of CML.org in their space. + CML.org is an information source. +++ CML.org is a utility for connecting the community . + CML.org is a virtual branch. +++ CML.org reflects 21 flavors of CML’s branches. + Digital formats mirror real life. +++ Digital formats give us more options than IRL + Staff are our greatest marketing asset. +++ Customers are our greatest asset online . Create Fresh Practices