Slides from CIAOPS August 2017 webinar that provided Office 365 news update, open Q & A as well as a focus session on SharePoint Communication Sites. Video recording is available at www.ciaopsacademy.com
- Office 365 Update
- SharePoint Communication sites
- Q & A
• Office 365 K Plans are now Office 365 F1 Plans
• New Windows 10/Azure AD Chrome extension
• New updates for OneDrive app on iOS
• Office 365 Groups expiry now in public preview
• Outlook add-in now available for Microsoft Teams scheduling
• Communication Sites are for publishing.
• Designed for editing by a few, then consumed by many.
• Communications Sites don’t create an Office 365 Group.
• Include some web parts not available elsewhere just yet.
• Works well on mobile device.
• Allows you to easy create much more visually appealing
• Create a communications site in SharePoint Online -
• What is SharePoint Communications Site? - https://support.office.com/en-
• Use the hero web part - https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Use-the-Hero-web-
• Add or remove columns on a page - https://support.office.com/en-