Chris Burgess @chrisburgess
Melbourne WordPress Meetup
Tide is a series of automated tests run against every plugin and
theme in the directory and then displays PHP compatibility and
test errors/warnings in the directory.
The content from these slides has been sourced from:
WordPress Coding Standards
• search for plugins & themes on this site and see their audit
• install Tide locally
• deploy Tide to Google Cloud Platform
• In the future you will be able to use Tide as a service - use it
to test your plugins or themes during development.
Current Status (cont.)
“Currently the only way to view the results is as a JSON blob, a UI
will be integrated into the WordPress.org theme/plugin pages.
That work is happening on GitHub in the tide-issues repo”
• Derek Herman 6:45 am on June 28, 2018
• SOURCE: https://make.wordpress.org/tide/