Successfully reported this slideshow.
You’ve unlocked unlimited downloads on SlideShare!
AS Media Evaluation<br />Suspicions<br />Alex Swain, Tim Elliott, Adam Sims, Ryan Avery<br />
1. In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?<br />Q1. What are the forms and conventions of the medium genre you are working in? <br />
4. Who would be the audience for your media product?<br />Describe your target audience?<br /><ul><li>We decided to aim our target audience at a mixed gender aged between 15-30; for people who enjoy thriller films.</li></ul>Link to your medium and genre?<br />Are target genre was thriller. By watching and researching thriller films we were able to use similar techniques and camera shots in our films to create a more successful thriller. By using the same camera shots and techniques we are hoping our target audience will be drawn to our film, like they are to other successful thrillers.<br />Evidence for this?<br />We carried out a questionnaire to find out specifically what our target audience wanted. We also showed a few people a selection of thriller films and asked them what their favourite was. We researched other famous thriller directors and producers and aimed to use similar techniques that they used, to make our film successful.<br />
5. How did you attract/address your audience?<br />What research did you do to find what your target audience wanted?<br />We did a questionnaire asking them their age group, their gender, their favourite thrillers from a selection, whether they prefer horror or action thriller and whether or not they wanted it to be filmed during the day (which one do they believe would create more tension)<br />What decisions and revisions did you make about form and content based on these findings?<br />We watched other thrillers, including films by Alfred Hitchcock which use a lot of music to add tension to scenes; so we added music which we thought builds tensions and suspense well.<br />Our questionnaire allowed us to know what thrillers our target audience liked most and so we knew what films to base our films mainly on, in terms of mise-en-scene. We also asked if our target audience wanted the film to be shot during the day or night. They said a film shot at night would create more tension, but due to a lack of lighting equipment, it was shot in the day.<br />Were you successful in attracting your audience?<br />After completing our film we showed it to a selection of our target audience and got them to carry out a questionnaire we made. We got lots of positive feedback from our target audience, who all enjoyed the film. We also received some constructive criticism which will help us make a better film next year in media They all agreed the music chosen built suspense well and that camera shots used also built suspense; however they thought some of the scenes the lighting was too dark and could of been brighter.<br />
6. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?<br />
7. Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?<br />