THERE ARE 6 QUESTIONS ON MIXED TOPICS.
10 MARKS FOR DIRECT AND 5 MARKS FOR PASS, NO NEGATIVE FOR
FEEL FREE TO TAKE A “BLIND SHOT”.
BLIND SHOT CARRIES +10 AND -10 MARKS.
ONCE BLIND SHOT TAKEN BY THE TEAM, THE TEAM WILL NOT GET THE
THAT QUESTION AGAIN IN NORMAL METHOD.
The buffers slides have pictures that are connected.
• It is difficult to estimate how many people got a portion of it. While most of it
was immersed in the Sangam, some were sprinkled on to the Indian Ocean
off the coast of South Africa on 30 January 2010.
It is also believed that in some of it was scattered on the Holy Mansarowar
Lake near Mt Kailash.
• What is the substance?
• According to CBI, X‟s previous owner C. Sivasankaran was forced to sell his
stake to Maxis by the then Telecom Minister Dayanidhi Maran in 2005. As a
result, Maxis did a quid pro quo investment of Rs. 5 billion in a DTH company
owned by the Maran family.
• There were also rumours in September 2012 that the Russian company
Sistema was in talks to acquire X. However, that hasn't been confirmed by
either of the companies. Sistema is the parent company of MTS, which is a
CDMA operator in India.
• X was one among seven operators to receive notices from the Department
of Telecommunications for not meeting radiation norms in their base tower
stations in September 2012.
• ID X.
• General information on ___________ tree :
• This is found at a height or depth of three thousand meters above or below
• It grows in a narrow opening, not on plain ground.
• Its leaves resemble those of tamarind, but are longer.
• It yields one to two thousand fruits annually.
• The Yatis (Ascetics) in the Himalayas survive only on these fruits.
• These fruits are also known as Amrutphal (Fruits of nectar). They satisfy thirst.
5. „BIG‟ INDIA
• On 11th August, 2013 Indian Navy introduced
the first indigenous Aircraft Carrier, INS Vikrant
which is one of the two carriers commissioned
to join Indian Navy in 2018.
• What is the name of the second Aircraft
Carrier being built alongside INS Vikrant in the
Cochin Naval Shipyard?
• X, which boasts of an 860k strong community on Facebook grew at a
phenomenal rate of 36% in March.
• Among other ecommerce players in India, X led the pack so far as
engagement is concerned.
• Not only did it get the most number of likes/comments on its updates,
it also reached a wider set of audience thanks to the high number of
• X has a community of 15K twitter followers. According to this report “
have left a clear mark on Twitter with their quirky way of
• X has managed to garner the most positive and neutral conversations.
• ID X.
• Coming from a simple background, X is was one of the co-founders of Sun
Microsystems, where he served as its first CEO and Chairman in the early 80s.
• Later that decade, X switched sides by taking up a general partnership at the
venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, where he stayed for over a
• In 2004, X took up a new venture, X Ventures, which focuses on investment in
various technology sectors, with the most amount of focus based on clean
• Known for his passion for entrepreneurship, his greatest passion is being a mentor
for other innovators who want to build technology based businesses.
• X has also served as a board member of a number of the companies like EASIC,
which deals with the programmable ASIC platform, Infinera, which deals with
optical communications and Kovio, dealing with printed electronics among
• ID X
At the beginning of the millennium, IT professinals around India presented a 55kg
Ladoo to Shri Venkateshwara Swami, Tirumala for showing a solution to a particular
devastating problem. What was the problem?
• I was born in Kochuparambil family in Changanassery, Kerala to
• I received the prestigious Arjuna award in 2002–2003 for eminent sports
persons from the government of India and the country's highest
sporting honour, Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award in 2003–2004 after my
success in the World Athletic meet.
• I was conferred Padma Shri, India's fourth highest civilian award in
• My journey to success from rank 61 in 2001 to rank 6 in 2003 within a
short span of two years, was one of sheer hard work and intensive
• The credit for my success goes to my husband and coach who was a
former National Champion in Triple jump himself. Who am i??
He married Vijeta Pendharkar, a surgeon from Nagpur.
He was involved in two of the largest partnerships in ODIs: a 318-run
partnership, the first 300-run partnership, and then a 331-run partnership, which
is a world record.
He is the current world record holder for the highest percentage of runs scored
in matches won under a single captain, where the captain has won more
than 20 Tests. In the 21 Test matches India won he scored at a record average
of 102.84 runs; scoring 2571 runs, with nine hundreds, three of them being
double-centuries, and ten fifties in 32 innings. He contributed nearly 23% of the
total runs scored by India in those 21 matches, which is almost one run out of
every four runs the team scored.
He saw 453 wickets fall while batting at the other side of the crease in a Test
Career- the most by a batsman in a Test Career.
Who am I talking about?
X adapted one of his lecture into a short article called "Planck's Law and the Hypothesis of Light
Quanta" and sent it to Albert Einstein with the following letter:
“Respected Sir, I have ventured to send you the accompanying article for your perusal and
opinion. I am anxious to know what you think of it. I do not know sufficient German to translate the
paper. If you think the paper worth publication I shall be grateful if you arrange for its publication
in Zeitschrift für Physik. Though a complete stranger to you, I do not feel any hesitation in making
such a request. Because we are all your pupils though profiting only by your teachings through your
writings. I do not know whether you still remember that somebody from Calcutta asked your
permission to translate your papers on Relativity in English. I was the one who translated your paper
on Generalised Relativity.”
Einstein agreed with him, translated X's paper "Planck's Law and Hypothesis of Light Quanta" into
German, and had it published in ”Zeitschrift für Physik” under X's name, in 1924.
In 1937, Rabindranath Tagore dedicated his only book on science, Visva–Parichay, to X.
In his book The Scientific Edge, physicist Jayant Narlikar observed:
“X‟s work on particle statistics was one of the top ten achievements of 20th century Indian science
and could be considered in the Nobel Prize class.
“X‟s work stood at the transition between the 'old quantum theory' of Planck, Bohr and Einstein and
the new quantum mechanics of Schrodinger, Heisenberg, Born, Dirac and others.”
• To encourage inter-tribal interaction and topromote cultural heritage of
Nagaland, the Government of Nagaland started organizing the
_____________every year in the first week of December.
• Organized by the State Tourism and Art &Culture Departments,
_____________showcases a mélange of cultural displays under one roof.
• This festival usually takes place between the 1st and the 7th of December
every year in Kohima. The aim of the festival is to revive and protect the rich
culture of Nagaland and display its extravaganza and traditions.
X‟s father wants a son but is given a daughter by the gods. He raises this
daughter as a man, a warrior, and during a hunt she captures the handsome
Arjun, who is on a twelve-year exile from his own land.
She falls in love with him but fears Arjun will reject her because she is manly (in
fact, he assumes she is a man because she is such a good warrior).
So X asks Madan, god of love, to make her more womanly. She approaches
Arjun thus, and Arjun falls for her.
When X‟s homeland is attacked, people cry out for the warrior-princess and
Arjun learns of her for the first time.
He longs to meet this woman who he feels is extraordinary.
A pleasantly surprised, X, begs Madan to restore her to her original form, and
Arjun loves her even more. Their marriage is solemnized but with the condition
that Arjun will not claim the children born of the union and their only child
become the next heir of X‟s homeland. Who is X?
On the first night in the forest, Lakshman kept watch while Ram
and Sita went to sleep. That is when Y, approached him.
He begged the goddess to leave him alone for fourteen years
so that he could guard his brother and sister-in-law night and
day. The goddess, impressed by his act of filial devotion,
agreed.. So instead she went to Urmila and Urmila accepted
the condition the Goddess kept in front of her.
This had an impact in the war against Ravana. Ravana‟s
mighty son, Meghnadh, was invincible. Only Lakshman was
capable of killing him because he had eluded Y for 14 years.
• According to the founder Arunabh Kumar,
• India is a funny country with no sense of humor and
______ just defines that. It basically means the humor
in all things insane about this world. If you dissect it in
Hindi, then it is basically an addition of the words
„cuteness‟ and X. We staunchly believes that you
can laugh at possibly everything on the face of
this planet, right from the worst written joke to the
death of a great man.
• That a Gujarati couple has fallen out over _________ cannot
be regarded as a mere matrimonial meltdown, when the
reason is just a mere obsession with a frozen dessert.
• While the cause of the split is not totally clear, it is
commendable that the judge has taken a soft stand,
deeming _________ to be more than just a sundae habit for
the lady in question.
• The allocation of the sum of just Rs 150 per month - in the Rs
85,000 interim maintenance order - for the wife's frozen
dessert habit appears to be too cautious, however, given
the expensive varieties now available all over India.
• According to police, X was especially inspiring to a Mumbai
restaurant owner who goes by the single name Krishna, who
police said hired a man to kill her boyfriend, Somnath
Suverna, and then try to obscure his identity by pouring acid
on his face.
• Saying that she got the idea to kill Suverna from watching X,
Krishna told police that Suverna used to extort money from
• ID X.