Output 2 presentation
Anna Comas-Quinn & Hélène Pulker
The Open University
Kick-off meeting, ExplOERer project
Thessaloniki, 3 & 4 November 2014
This project has been funded with support from the European
Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the
author, and theCommission cannot be held responsible for any
use which may be made of the information contained therein.
• Designing and delivering an open online
course to train teachers in OER reuse.
– Experiential approach.
– Modelling reuse strategies & behaviours.
– Focus on skills needed to move beyond simple
access to content.
• Translation and localisation to PL and SE, and
delivery in three languages.
• Guidelines for translation and localisation of
• OUUK: design, piloting and delivery of the open online course
to EN participants; data collection; writing guidelines for
translation & localisation.
• CCPL: technical / platform; design of evaluation instrument &
final report; adaptation to and delivery in PL; data collection.
• GCU: informing course design from guidelines for developing
OEP amongst educators (Output 1); advice on evaluation.
• UGOT: adaptation to and delivery in SE; data collection.
• W2L: support with multilingual delivery; marketing and
dissemination through social media.
• KC: disseminate to suitable communities of potential course
Activities and deliverables
• O2.1: Audit of existing resources and
communities (EN, PL, SE)
• O2.2: Design and piloting of open online course
(EN). Platform: P2P University’s School of Open
http://schoolofopen.p2pu.org/. Translation and
localisation to PL and SE. Design of evaluation
instrument & setting quality indicators.
• O2.3: Delivery to first cohorts in EN, PL and SE.
• O2.4: Publication of evaluation report and
guidelines on translation and localisation of open
• July 2015: audit completed (EN).
• Sept 2015: learning design; platform; facilitation &
badges. Design of evaluation tool
• Oct 2015: piloting of course and evaluation tool in EN.
Audit of resources in SE and PL.
• Nov / Dec 2015: refining of course & adaptation to SE
and PL. Translation of evaluation tool.
• Jan / Feb 2016: course delivered in EN, SE and PL. Data
• Mar / Apr 2016: evaluation report and guidelines for
translation and localisation of open content.
Modifications to course following evaluation and
publication as an open resource.
Issues to discuss
• Platform – P2PU or another?
• Drawing on existing expertise:
– OER Research Hub & IET @OU for evaluation,
questionnaire design and experience of delivering
through P2PU platform.
– OMU @OU for facilitation
– TESSA (Africa) and TESS-India for translation and
localisation of open content