2. New Vocabularyadjustto conform oneself to new ordifferent conditions We must adjust to the new rules at school.
3. New Vocabularyinspireto encourage with confidence or givehope The players were inspired by the loyalty of their fans.
4. New Vocabularydedicatedbeing devoted to a purposeDedicated teachers inspirestudents to study harder.
5. Guide Questions 1Who is the speaker? Who is the speaker talking to? What is the selection about?
6. Guide Questions 2Did he smile often?At what point in the speech did he turn serious?Did he establish eye contact with the audience?How did he do that?What hand movements did he use whiledelivering his speech?Did his body move a lot while he was speaking?
7. Comprehension Check Which is easier to understand: the written text or the video presentation of the speech? Why?
8. Comprehension Check What did you notice about US President Barack Obama while he was delivering his speech? What parts of his body was he using while speaking to the audience?
9. Comprehension Check Do you think his facial expressions and body language helped in making his speech more interesting? Why or why not?
10. Concept Mapping wordswhat you want communicationthe audience to know gestures message Public Speaking audiencethe one whodelivers the message speaker
11. Public Speaking DefinitionPublic speaking is communication.The speaker sends a messagethrough words and gestures to anaudience.
12. Hand Gestures V for Victory
13. Hand Gestures OK! Perfect!
14. Hand Gestures That’s good!
15. Hand Gestures Not accepted.
16. Hand Gestures That’s enough! You’ve been warned!
17. Hand Gestures You!
18. Hand Gestures Stop! Enough.
19. Hand Gestures Do you get it?
20. Hand Gestures Power to the People
21. Facial Expressions So funny!
22. Facial Expressions So shy.
23. Facial Expressions That’s interesting.
24. Facial Expressions Not sure if I believe you.
25. Body Language Is heconfident? Who is more dominant?