1. Weekly News from WCUMC-3/31/2013Sharing the transforming love of Jesus, across the street and around the world. “ Why do you look for the living among the dead?” Resurrection Sunday - March 31, 2013
2. Very early in the morning on the first day of the week, the women wentto the tomb, bringing the fragrant spices they had prepared. Theyfound the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they went in,they didn’t find the body of the Lord Jesus. They didn’t know what tomake of this. Suddenly, two men were standing beside them in gleamingbright clothing. The women were frightened and bowed their facestoward the ground, but the men said to them, “Why do you look for theliving among the dead? He isn’t here, but has been raised. Rememberwhat he told you while he was still in Galilee, that the Human One mustbe handed over to sinners, be crucified, and on the third day rise again.” Then they remembered his words. When they returned from thetomb, they reported all these things to the eleven and all the others. Itwas Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James, and the otherwomen with them who told these things to the apostles. Their wordsstruck the apostles as nonsense, and they didn’t believe the women.But Peter ran to the tomb. When he bent over to look inside, he sawonly the linen cloth. Then he returned home, wondering what hadhappened. Luke 24:1-12Why do you look for the living among the dead?So many people look for purpose and meaning in the wrong places.Too often WE have looked for that purpose or meaning of life in placesof idolatry and darkness, rather than looking to the ONLY One whoprovides true life…Jesus is the ONLY ONE who provides that full and joy-filled life!!Why do people not believe?There are 3 possibilities about Jesus:1) A Liar… which means he’s dead… or2) A Good man who was misguided (crazy)… which means he’s dead…or3) He was the Son of God, and He is alive!!Jesus has changed darkness into light, death into life!! He’s changedsorrow, pain, and fear into hope, peace, and joy!!!CHOOSE JESUS… and Live Forever!!Next Week’s Message: A Special Sermon from Lar Nama from Kathmandu, Nepal.
3. THIS WEEK AT WCUMCSunday - 3/31 Evening Prayer, 5:30 PM, Prayer RoomMonday - 4/01 "The WORD" Bible Study, 2:00 PM, Memorial Room. Talk Time, 6:00 PM, Crossfire Room Men of Integrity, 7:00 PM, Memorial RoomTuesday - 4/02 Womens Bible Study (BSO), 9:30 AM, Sanctuary Mens Morning Bible Study, 9:45 PM, Room 11Wednesday - 4/03 Womens Bible Study, 10:00 AM, Memorial Room Choir, 7:15 - 8:30 PM, Sanctuary Prison Ministry meets in Church parking lot at 5:40 PM Youth Group, 7:00 PM, Crossfire RoomThursday - 4/04Friday - 4/05Saturday - 4/06 Mens Saturday Morning Group, 7:30 AM, CHSunday - 4/07 Nursery Care is available in the Children’s Wing 10:30 AM Worship Service Tweeners Class for 5th-8th graders, 11:00 AM, Memorial Room Evening Prayer, 5:30 PM, Prayer Room IMPORTANT NEWS AND EVENTS
4. LAMA FAMILY Potluck Sunday April 7th (After Church)Come and hear Nar Lama preach on April 7th and meet the family, Mary,Protsahan and Arpiya.Nar & Mary are Missionaries serving with Youth With A Mission (YWAM) inNepal. Nar is the YWAM base leader in Kathmandu, which supportsnumerous ministries from street kids; to HIV homes for women; tochildren’s homes; to training leaders; to planting Christian communities.This is but a small sample of their ministry in a country with a per capitaincome of around $1,600 ($133 per mo.) and is approximately 1.5%Christian.Plan to attend the potluck after church on April 7th and hear their storiesand how your prayers and financial support impacts lives half way aroundthe world.
5. Supporters are the core of our program. Our hearts and sincerethanks go out to the 10 troops/packs/dens and their adultsupporters for collecting and donating over 4,100 lbs. of cannedgoods and food this weekend. God has truly blessed us in moreways than one on this special Easter weekend.
6. Your generosity and community spirit allow us to collect food forfriends and neighbors in need. An extra item or two each shoppingtrip is all it takes to fill up your "cool green bag" for pick-up everyother month.OPEN POSITIONS Produce Shopper to shop for produce one time per month. Green Bag Point Person to promote the Green Bag Program in partner Churches Promotional Assistant to assist our Promotion Director in reaching out to Churches, Businesses and SchoolsWe also need monetary support, team support and Food Drivesupport. For more information, contact Della email@example.com or 206-999-1753.This Weeks Needs: Chili Spaghetti Sauce Mac & Cheese Beef-a-RoniThank you for your continued support.www.woodinvillestorehouse.org
7. Support Our Children Summer Camp Programs July 8 - 12 - KidShine Performing Arts Day Camp July 22 - 26 - Vacation Bible School Aug. 5 - 9 - Twinlow Summer Day Camp Aug. 19 - 21 - Mega Sports CampWe need volunteer support in all areas for all of these Childrens Ministryprograms plus we have Sunday Morning Openings for all ages. Pleasecontact Rev. Lindsay Eklund if you want to experience the joy of showingGods love to our children. A big THANK YOU to all who helped support Summer Camp Programming through our Envelope Fundraiser.
8. New Sunday School Class starts April 21 All are invited to attendIn a recent study, the Barna Research Group revealed a stunning statisticthat continues to reverberate throughout the evangelical world. Only 9percent of professing Christians have a biblical worldview.Because of this, todays believers live very similarly to non-believers. Apersonal sense of significance is rarely experienced, we spend our moneyand time on things that fail to satisfy and we begin to wonder what lifesultimate purpose really is. We are, in short, losing our bearings as apeople and a nation.To counter this slide within the body of Christ, Focus on the Family haslaunched one of the most ambitious and powerful projects in the historyof our ministry - The Truth Project.The Truth Project is a DVD-based small group curriculum comprised of 13one-hour lessons taught by Chris and Patti Ward. This study is thestarting point for looking at life from a biblical perspective. Each lessondiscusses in great detail the relevance and importance of living theChristian worldview in daily life.Classes will meet in Room 10 at 9:00 AM beginning April 21.
9. - Financial Snapshot General Fund: Income for week ended 3/17/2013 $ 8,936 Income, weekly avg. year to date $ 10,851 Expenses, weekly average, year-to-date $ 10,390 Expenses, weekly avg. budget $ 10,413 Faith Promise Monthly Support: Beginning Balance 11/1/12 $ 21,016 Total Pledges 2012-2013 $ 90,342 Received to date $ 38,681 Disbursed to date $ 44,445 Updated data from Sunday, March 24 not available at this time. Will be included next week.Prayer Chain RequestsPrayer Chain requests call Barbara Clark 425-483-3885. After 6:00 PMcall Mary Harvey at 425-827-2883 or call the church at 425-483-5252.We hope to see you in church this Sunday and God Bless.Have a great week!This newsletter is published by Woodinville Community United Methodist Church for ourmembers, friends and all who love Jesus. Our vision is "To Share the Transforming Love ofJesus Christ Across the Street and Around the World". If you are looking for a church homewith loving, devoted followers of our Lord, Jesus Christ, we invite you to attend our SundayWorship Service at 10:30 each Sunday. We are located at 17110 140th Ave NE, Woodinville,WA 98072. Learn more at www.wcumc.org.