2. Sydney is the largest city in Australia, and the state capital of New South Wales.
3. Sydney has a metropolitan area population of approximately 4.34 million and an area of approximately 12,000 square kilometres .
4. Its inhabitants are called Sydneysiders, and Sydney is often called &quot;the Harbour City&quot;.
5. It is one of the most multicultural cities in the world, reflecting its role as a major destination for immigrants to Australia.
6. The site of the first British colony in Australia, Sydney was established in 1788 at Sydney Cove by Arthur Phillip, commodore of the First Fleet.
7. The city is built on hills surrounding Sydney Harbour – an inlet of the Tasman Sea on Australia's south-east coast.
8. It is home to the iconic Sydney Opera House, Harbour Bridge and its beaches.
13. The metropolitan area is surrounded by national parks, and contains many bays, rivers and inlets.
14. Parks, such as Hyde Park, Royal Botanical Gardens and national parks
15. Darling Harbour The locality extends northwards from Chinatown, along both sides of Cockle Bay to King Street Wharf on the east, and to the suburb of Pyrmont on the west. Darling Harbour is named after Lieutenant-General Ralph Darling, who was Governor of New South Wales from 1825 to 1831. It was originally part of the commercial port of Sydney, including the Darling Harbour Railway Goods Yard.
16. <ul><li>Darling Harbour </li></ul>It is a large recreational and pedestrian precinct that is situated on western outskirts of the Sydney central business district.
17. Darling Harbour The precinct and its immediate surroundings are administered independently of the local government area of the City of Sydney
18. The biggest IMAX theatre is located in Sydney. Located in the heart of Darling Harbour, the LG IMAX Theatre Sydney is home to the WORLD'S LARGEST CINEMA SCREEN! With a wide variety of stunning films - screened in both 2D and 3D - IMAX has something to suit all ages and interests .
19. IMAX theatre
20. The Powerhouse Museum, Australia's largest and most popular museum, is located in Darling Harbour, Sydney.
21. Its unique and diverse collection of 385,000 objects spans history, science, technology, design, industry, decorative arts, music, transport and space exploration.
22. Just a short stroll from Manly Fer ry Whar f, Oceanworld Manly offers a first cl ass aquarium adventure with the add ed bonu s of optional shark diving experience.
23. You don't have to dive with sharks to have fun at Manly Oceanworld.
24. Walk in the fabulous shark viewing tunnel and enjoy the many wonderful tanks with hundreds of fish species, turtles and aquatic creatures .
25. A short skate from the Manly beachfront, Manly Skate Park comprises one of the longest standing half pipes in Australia as well as a great street course. Skateboard lessons available seven days from Manly Blades at North Steyne .