Storyline:Never too far away from the action – from his mobile device and tablet Garth is able to stay connected. In addition employees who are outside of the office might take a moment to take a picture of the advertising campaign in action and upload.-Product: When we think about communication and collaboration, we don’t want to limit where, or when someone can collaborate. With SharePoint 2013, we are bringingthe breadth of our experiences to all devices, and to all places. We’ll be delivering applications initially on WP7 and iOS, with a great mobile browsing experience for other platforms. Working from anywhere goes beyond SharePoint with native applications for OneNote and Lync on WP7, iOS, Android.
1. 1SharePoint 2013 Mobile Strategy Joel Oleson USA – World Citizen
2. 2 SharePoint Joel Recognized as #1 Influencer in SharePoint in Forbes Study Voted Most Popular SharePoint Blog TravelingEpic.com Traveler: Over 100 UN Countries - 130 TCC Countries
3. Joel @ LDS 3• 12 Years in SharePoint• 7 Years at Microsoft• 3 Years with Partners• 2 Years with Customer• Currently with LDS Church• The Church is 14+ Million members• First missionaries came to Hong Kong in 1853• Hong Kong was 49th temple of 140 temples• LDS Asia Area offices in HK
4. 4Defining your Mobile strategy Determine your BYOD Strategy OS, Browsers, Devices, and more… Industry and Development Strategies Responsive & Adaptive SharePoint 2013 Mobile Features SkyDrive Pro Channels Office Web Apps Mobile Gaps & Unanswered Questions
6. 6Building your mobile strategy…Bring Your Own Device…
7. SharePoint 2013 Device SupportMobile device Operating Smartphone Slate or tablet operating Browser system version device device system Windows Phone Windows Internet Explorer Surface 7.5 or later Support Mobile Supported versions iOS 5.0 or later iPad Safari Support versions Supported Android 4.0 or later Android Support Verify versions
8. Microsoft’s Vision
9. Is Your Intranet Touch friendly?
10. SharePoint Mobile View
11. Understand Your World
12. Don’t just ask what browser…OSBrowserDeviceResolution…What will you support?
13. 14Responsive and Adaptive DesignIndustry Development Strategies
14. 15 JQuery MobilejQuery mobile framework allows you to design a single highly-branded website or application that will work on all popular smartphone, tablet, anddesktop platforms
15. Responsive + Accessible Responsive Design – Various Screen resolutions Touch Tiles Channels Large fonts for Accessibility Performance
17. Responsive - Desktop
18. Medium Res (iPad)
24. 27A lot of good work has been done…SharePoint 2013 Mobile Features
25. The Approach
26. SkyDrive or SkyDrive Pro? Vacation pictures RecipesSkyDrive Family Reunion Itinerary Morale event pictures Specification documentsSkyDrive Pro Draft business presentation
33. 39Office Web Apps Mobile
34. 40iPhone with o365 Search Preview
35. Mobile Read only even on 41WinPhone 8!
36. 42Office 365 with iPad
39. SharePoint App (Preview) WP 8 46
40. Office Hub (2013) 47
41. Win 8 + WP 7.8 & 8 iOS Android Surface (iPad & iPhone)SharePoint Mobile(Newsfeed) Only Mobile Immersive IE Mobile Safari Mobile AndroidBrowsing mobile
42. 51It’s just beginningGaps and Unanswered Questions
43. 52Enterprise Mobile QuestionsMobile Device ManagementBuy vs. Build SharePoint Mobile AppsCustom App Development for Mobile Build high use apps for mobile? Mobile Master page or Responsive DesignWhat about Touch and Tiles?Do we want to support BYOD from home…
44. 54Questions left to be answeredWill there ever be an Android Markplace (Google Play) for Office and SharePoint (SkyDrive Pro sync)?How/When will we do Skydrive Pro sync with Mac OS?Will I get selective sync with SkyDrive Pro?
45. 55Coming soon…iOS Apps for Office & SharePoint (SkyDrive Pro)Update to MAC OS Office 2010 Connection UpdateSharePoint App for Windows 7.8